• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Heated Mirror - passenger side

Mike2005

Got an O5 LT.  My passenger mirror isn't defrosting - I see on the forums, its a glass/mirror replacement issue only.  I am understanding the actual mirror is the only thing to be replaced.  Finding a You Tube video, there appears to be leads into the mirror. 

I'm not an experienced mechanic and electrical is very weak on my part.  Since my mirror (glass) is not broken, once I take the old mirror off, is there a test I can do to make sure it is in the mirror and not somewhere else along the electrical line?  And Im guessing I should do this before I order a new mirror?

Any help/suggestions?

Thanks

None that I know of. Sorry

Mike2005 said:
Got an O5 LT.  My passenger mirror isn't defrosting - I see on the forums, its a glass/mirror replacement issue only.  I am understanding the actual mirror is the only thing to be replaced.  Finding a You Tube video, there appears to be leads into the mirror. 

I'm not an experienced mechanic and electrical is very weak on my part.  Since my mirror (glass) is not broken, once I take the old mirror off, is there a test I can do to make sure it is in the mirror and not somewhere else along the electrical line?  And Im guessing I should do this before I order a new mirror?

Any help/suggestions?

Thanks

To learn if it is wiring or not find the ground and hot, and use a multi-meter to see if the voltage comes on when the rear window defroster button is pushed.

Heated mirror failures on the GMT800 based Avalanches was super super common - I'd guess it is just the failed element in the mirror.

I took a chance and ordered a new mirror.  Plug and play and ta-daaa!  It works!

Thanks for the info folks?

I still try to break things and every once and a while get lucky and get it fixed!!  haha

Back