• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

no crank, headlights, door locks

kxdealba

So today I got my programmer and set everything back to stock tune. When I went to start it nothing no headlights no nothing only front windows would roll down. So I swapped the battery with the other one I had and same thing no change :E: :E:. I checked fuses and cables all seemed good. Anyone ever had the same problem?

OK I'll give it a shot.

You bought a programmer and set it back to stock, question what was it set at before.

It was tuned with the same programmer before I went back to stock. Went back to stock cause going to have to smog truck soon. It's been almost 2yrs since I flashed the pcm first time.

I'm not sure what you could have done maybe one of the tuning experts will chime in.

What year do you have and what tuner are you using.

Just a thought.. Have you tried reprogramming the truck again? The tuner should connect to the truck if the programming was complete. I suspect you disconnected the programmer too soon and it didn't fully load the program.

If that is what you did it MAY be recoverable but it may not be. Depends on when you disconnected. Also may depend on the tuner and how it programs the computer.

If you have a scanner try connecting it to your truck with key on and see if it connects.

Are you getting a CEL light on the dash?

Beyond trying to see if your programmer will connect and if you can try to reprogram it I would suggest as others have and call the manufacturer of your programmer.

If it doesn't have the proper program it may be throwing "junk" out on the vehicle databus and you could get random results on different systems. Might even get some items to work at times and not at others. But it most certainly won't start and run if the program is corrupt. Hopefully you can get it to take the programming...

Rodney

Called superchips, had me reprogram truck again, still didn't work. He said it's not the tuner so had me disconnect battery push brake and turn on headlights for 5 mins then leave battery disconnected for another 30 mins . Did that right now still same problem. So he said to call back and they might have a file I can download to see if that fixes the problem. Also on the dash the CEL on abs light on stabilitrack light on and says park assist off

Well superchips sent me a stock tune file, installed it no change still. Had to tow it to repair shop.  :E:  superchips customer supprt was good did what they could. Said possible problem could be BCM. See how much this trip will cost me

Glad you got it fixed, the BCM hopefully did not hurt your pocket too bad.

Back