• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2016 Nationals Schedule of Events

jlancton

PM 2017
PM 2016
SM 2007
SM 2006
This is the tentative schedule for entire GTG.  Events could change based on interest, etc., and the list will be updated frequently as we get closer to July.  Also as times are set and events are added/removed based on interest.  As always, you can choose to take part in as many or as few events that you would like. We want everyone to have a good time no matter what!

Stay tuned for updates as the details are ironed out.

Thursday, July 21st

Afternoon/Early Evening - Arrivals and Check-In, Welcome Bags
Meet and Greet, Getting to Know Charlotte
Late Evening - Social/ Dinner for early Arrivals. (TBD)

Friday, July 22nd

Breakfast at your leisure
9:30am Departure ? Cruise to Lake Lure for lunch.
9:30am Departure ? Cruise to Mooresville / Concord Race Shops  
Lunch at your leisure or on the Cruise
Continued Check-In
Evening - Dinner & Go Carts @ Victory Lane Carting Too expensive... examing other options
Dinner at your leisure

Saturday, July 23rd

Breakfast at your leisure
10:00am - Noon Show and Shine
Lunch at your leisure:
Afternoon - modding/Free Time
12:30 ? Departure ? NASCAR Hall of Fame
3PM ? Toy run to Levine Children?s Hospital
6:00 PM - Group Dinner ? Hotel or TDB
Awards for Show and Shine During Dinner
8:00 Charity Raffle (or directly after dinner) (Hotel Grounds)
Possible Charity Poker Event (We need a volunteer to coordinate this)

Sunday, July 24th

9:30AM Group Breakfast ? Location TBD.
Summation of Charity Donations Announced
Final Goodbyes & Last Minute Modding before checkout

Hey Jeff, your Friday cruise to Lake Lure for lunch. Where are you planning on eating? Twiggy and I are down there every Sept  on the bike and usually hit La Strada for lunch. Should be plenty of parking out back on top of the hill. If you call them, they may reserve a bunch of tables on the covered porch overlooking the lake and also a nice view of the "Lodge" where Dirty Dancing was filmed.

ohiobellboy said:
Hey Jeff, your Friday cruise to Lake Lure for lunch. Where are you planning on eating? Twiggy and I are down there every Sept  on the bike and usually hit La Strada for lunch. Should be plenty of parking out back on top of the hill. If you call them, they may reserve a bunch of tables on the covered porch overlooking the lake and also a nice view of the "Lodge" where Dirty Dancing was filmed.

That's the plan.  The 1927 Lake Lure Inn (Dirty Dancing) is another possibility, but I'm leaning towards La Strada.

ChevyGuyNC said:
That's the plan.  The 1927 Lake Lure Inn (Dirty Dancing) is another possibility, but I'm leaning towards La Strada.
Nachos Italiano... Nachos made with Italian sausage instead of the regular beef. Twiggy's favorite. I'm going to try to meet you guys down there for lunch as I'll be about 3 1/2 hours away at a bike GTG.

ohiobellboy said:
Nachos Italiano... Nachos made with Italian sausage instead of the regular beef. Twiggy's favorite. I'm going to try to meet you guys down there for lunch as I'll be about 3 1/2 hours away at a bike GTG.

That would be awesome!

pssst .... don't forget about the Dale Jr thing ..... I can run it if you want ... we do need to get a head count for who is going and need to be there by 10:30 ..... on Friday ....  max we can have for it is 25 folks ....

and it is a 48 minute ride Jr Motorsports so we will leave right at 9:30 ... have to be at Jr Motorsports by 10:30 sharp ....

and I have directions to a ton of shops ....
Kasey Kahne
Truex ... but the are closed on Fri
RPM only open till noon ... so we will miss them
DEI .. only open 11 am - 2 pm .. will miss them
Penske 10 am to 5 pm ...
Kyle Bush 9 am - 4 pm
Gibbs ... 9-4
Chip Ganassi 8:30-4:30 closed for lunch
Hendrick ... 8:30 - 4:30 ...should make it here
Charlotte Motor Speedway ... will go right by it ... we could stop depending on time
Roush ... 8-3 fri
Stewart Hass 8-3 of fri ... would love to go here
Dale Earnhardt Tribute Statue ....
Whisky River .... 11am - 2am .... not sure if under 18 can get in maybe for lunch ... or just a visit
Childress Racing .... 9-5 fri ....

John

King of Red Lions said:
Any word if the racetrack is available?

I would say that is a no ..... years ago when we tried to do it for a GTG they wanted us to rent the track .... I think it was in the neighborhood of $2500 or more .... plus emergency personnel ....

Intimidatoruag said:
I would say that is a no ..... years ago when we tried to do it for a GTG they wanted us to rent the track .... I think it was in the neighborhood of $2500 or more .... plus emergency personnel ....

Yeah, I reached out to my contact there and he said they couldn't do it. 

Intimidatoruag said:
pssst .... don't forget about the Dale Jr thing ..... I can run it if you want ... we do need to get a head count for who is going and need to be there by 10:30 ..... on Friday ....  max we can have for it is 25 folks ....

and it is a 48 minute ride Jr Motorsports so we will leave right at 9:30 ... have to be at Jr Motorsports by 10:30 sharp ....

and I have directions to a ton of shops ....
Kasey Kahne
Truex ... but the are closed on Fri
RPM only open till noon ... so we will miss them
DEI .. only open 11 am - 2 pm .. will miss them
Penske 10 am to 5 pm ...
Kyle Bush 9 am - 4 pm
Gibbs ... 9-4
Chip Ganassi 8:30-4:30 closed for lunch
Hendrick ... 8:30 - 4:30 ...should make it here
Charlotte Motor Speedway ... will go right by it ... we could stop depending on time
Roush ... 8-3 fri
Stewart Hass 8-3 of fri ... would love to go here
Dale Earnhardt Tribute Statue ....
Whisky River .... 11am - 2am .... not sure if under 18 can get in maybe for lunch ... or just a visit
Childress Racing .... 9-5 fri ....

John

Yes John, Let's work that in.  I think that'd be a good trip. 

I've also got another possibility...

A private guided tour of Rick Hendrick's private collection.  It would require a $25 donation to his charity, but let me tell you, it's so worth it.  I have been fortunate enough to go twice and it never gets old. 

You know all those 'first' Corvettes you see him buy on Barrett Jackson, yup, that's where they go... I look it at like a bucket list type of thing... you aren't likely to see this sort of a collection again...

ChevyGuyNC said:

A private guided tour of Rick Hendrick's private collection.  It would require a $25 donation to his charity, but let me tell you, it's so worth it.  I have been fortunate enough to go twice and it never gets old. 

You know all those 'first' Corvettes you see him buy on Barrett Jackson, yup, that's where they go... I look it at like a bucket list type of thing... you aren't likely to see this sort of a collection again...

I would love to go to this ... :)

ChevyGuyNC said:

That would be so cool to see!  :love:

Well damn guys, can the cafcna personnel please set up a  fund for the racetrack and if we get enough $ we can go? This has been what I have been waiting for and I don't know about going if there is no racetrack, I just don't think NASCAR museums are any of my interest along with a few others.

I'm sorry Dylan, we can't do it.  It's far too expensive and they have other events booked that week anyway.  I tried as hard as I could but couldn't make it happen.

Guys, I won't be meeting you for lunch. Dr has me grounded off my bike. Seems I need a couple bones in my neck fixed and won't even be able to drive for 3 weeks let alone ride the bike anywhere. There goes my summer. :E:

ohiobellboy said:
Guys, I won't be meeting you for lunch. Dr has me grounded off my bike. Seems I need a couple bones in my neck fixed and won't even be able to drive for 3 weeks let alone ride the bike anywhere. There goes my summer. :E:

well that just sucks ..... good luck Mike! ...  :eek:

ohiobellboy said:

Ouch!  Sorry to hear that you've been "grounded". 

King of Red Lions said:
Well damn guys, can the cafcna personnel please set up a  fund for the racetrack and if we get enough $ we can go? This has been what I have been waiting for and I don't know about going if there is no racetrack, I just don't think NASCAR museums are any of my interest along with a few others.

Come out this way on Black Friday.  That is when they will open up the track to vehicles.  I go almost every year.  For a $25 donation (or $50 in merchandise sales) you will get 3 1/2 laps.

Race shop tours... The unbelievable Rick Hendrick PRIVATE museum tour...

Show and Shine...

Modding....

And most of all...

Hanging out with the Avalanche family!!

Back