• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Bed Dimension Questions

rgrounds

It's kind of weird to be posting this question at this point.

Having been an owner of an '04 and an '07 I need some verification of the bed dimensions.
I lost my '07 to a rear end accident on 1/26/16. I was hit from behind on the freeway while stopped in traffic by a 2014 Acura TLS (I think is what she was driving)
The insurance company has totaled it and given me more than I thought I would get for it for 136K miles. I have a 2016 Silverado CC on order right now.
I am trying to figure out what the bed dims were compared to what I will have in the new truck.

From what I can find online with the midgate up the bed is 63.3" X 50".
What I can't find anywhere is the height from the bed bottom to the bottom of the covers.

I plan on adding a tonneau cover and am trying to figure out with the common cargo I haul every week if I am going to run into trouble or if I am gonna be OK space wise.  

I appreciate the info in advance.

Yes they are both 22.5 inches high.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

So it looks like it is gonna be a tighter fit vertically. Luckily I am looking at a tonneau that sits on top of the bed rails. It's 21" to the top of the rail in the Silverado bed.

I got ya, I have the same issue my tool boxes are 20 inches but I have a 1 1/2 angle iron bar under the bed cover so no one get at the cover handles.

Back