• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Meet n Eat May 3 2016

GoldBowTie

Regional Coord.
Charter Member
SM 2003
Let's get the Northeast Ohio group together again.

How about a weekday meet and eat?
Looking at the first two weeks in May.

So, what date(s) work for you and where do you want to eat?
I'm thinking around 6pm if that is not too early.

OldVMer suggested this place.
http://www.bjsrestaurants.com/locations/oh/canton
It is about half way between the Akron folks and the Canton folks.

Other ideas?
Let's hear them.

Based on the replies here, let's go with May 3 at BJ's.

Attending:
GoldBowTie and Toots
OldVMer and Mrs
ohiobellboy and twiggy
Tpicks55 and Teach8
RCHeliguy and Sanofhee

I think we are open May 1 through 4 and 9 through 12.

--OldVMer

Thursdays work best for us although I see VMer's availability during those two weeks are not good on a Thurs. A Sunday might not be too bad. I will give you fair warning. It is part of the BV area. Regardless of what the economist say about recessions and what not, expect a line or a wait anywhere you plan to eat down in that area unless you can get call ahead seating. Prices seem just a tad higher ( maybe a buck or three) than other places comparable, but then again, refer to the previous comment about being in the Belden Village area.

The 12th is a Thursday.
I am not locked in to the Belden Village area.
Maybe one of us can get there earlier than others and request a table?

Have Toots reach out to Sandy to look at this and chime in as far as a date also. There's all kinds of places to eat. Jerzee's is also a decent place and they have 3 locations. Green, BV and Canton right off I-77 by the Hall of Fame.
http://www.jerzeesgrille.com/

Just tossing out ideas.

Not big fans of Jerzee's.  Last time we ate at Jerzee's we had an awful experience.  Service was terrible and Carol's mussels were almost inedible.

BJs Brewhouse is in the Strip complex one exit north of Belden Village and it has plenty of parking and seating.  We've eaten at a number of their locations and even when they look pretty busy we've gotten right in.  They have a decent layout for putting tables together for groups.  If we can get there a bit early we shouldn't have a problem.  That said, they don't do reservations or call ahead so it'd be my luck they'd be packed that evening. 

--OldVMer

OldVMer said:
Not big fans of Jerzee's.  Last time we ate at Jerzee's we had an awful experience.  Service was terrible and Carol's mussels were almost inedible.

BJs Brewhouse is in the Strip complex one exit north of Belden Village and it has plenty of parking and seating.  We've eaten at a number of their locations and even when they look pretty busy we've gotten right in.  They have a decent layout for putting tables together for groups.  If we can get there a bit early we shouldn't have a problem.  That said, they don't do reservations or call ahead so it'd be my luck they'd be packed that evening. 

--OldVMer
Sounds like a winner then. Someone pick a date.

Im good only on May 2 and 3.   BTW  BJs is a nice place but on the more expensive place but its very good.

No additional posts for a while, so let's go with Tuesday May 3 at BJ's in Canton at Exit 111 off I77.

You can put us on the attending list.

--OldVMer

GoldBowTie said:
This past weekend I got news from OldVMer that we have a 6:00 reservation.  (y)
Damn good thing you have a smart phone now as this site has been hit or miss for almost a month now.  :rolleyes:

Dang it. I forgot to pursue pawning off this flag rack to one of you guys going to Nats.

Good seeing everyone tonight. There's a few pix out there somewhere.

ohiobellboy said:
Dang it. I forgot to pursue pawning off this flag rack to one of you guys going to Nats.

Good seeing everyone tonight. There's a few pix out there somewhere.

Hmmmm... Perhaps you could pawn it off on me  >:D

Back