• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Windshield wiper not straight ? New wiper arms.

brownprider07

Today I received my new windshield wiper arms but one of them just looks off too me. Unless that's how it's supposed to be and I got used to seeing it the wrong way ? Someone please let me know. There are two pictures I have posted. The one with ice you can see the blades look straight and that's before I changed them. The other picture is the new ones but you can see the angle of the left one just looks off.

This is what I did to adjust mine. Clean the splines and adjust it.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?PHPSESSID=p6ebjg8si6cim5f1drjet3c693&topic=47276.msg737346#msg737346

looks to me like the driver side is one notch of the spline off, and the passenger side is two notches off, the driver side needs to go up and the  passenger side down.  Haven't looked at mine, but there used to be a little black line on the bottom of the windshield to line up your wipers in the off position.

Didit

That's the thing. There on the line and the  passenger one no matter what. It stay at an angle. Is that how it's supposed to be?

See how the driver side sits flush with the black line and then you look at the passenger side and the wiper is at an angle to the black bar. Is this just how that side is ? That's what I'm talking about.

Yes we do it, does look like the passenger side is one spline off.

Take off the nut pull the arm off clean the post with the splines on it and put the arm back on in the correct position.

I have a '03 replaced my passenger side wiper arm due to the damn spring breaking when I went to raise it to clean under the blade your's should run parallel to the black line wish I upgraded my wiper arms to a heavier non spring style to make cleaning easier

Back