• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

04 steering wheel controls wire harness?

Backwoodstracker

I have a wire that pulled out on one of the plugs when I changed the switches. How hard is it to replace the harness? I can't seem to find any write ups or videos. My main question is, do I need to remove the wheel to do this. I don't like the idea of messing up with clock spring type things.

They only sell the harness with the steering wheel for the harness from the button to the connector. For the connector to the clockspring it's built into the Clockspring.

Sure wish I had known that before buying this. http://m.1aauto.com/steering-wheel-switch-wiring-harness-general-motors-16824549/i/gmzwh00004?f=940863&y=2004&utm_campaign=gb_csv_br&utm_content=ZWH&gclid=COPj6Ii5g8wCFQiUaQod0PEALQ

Cool let us know how it works out for you. Good to see the aftermarket are still making parts for the old GM cars.

Looks like I do need to pull the wheel. I'll make a puller this week and take pics along the way as I can't find one. Sure wish the harness was 1/2" longer on all the ends.

Back