• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

What kind of paint imperfection is this ? Oxidation , dried soap , etc.

brownprider07

Tried spray wax and it was still there. So maybe I thought it was to hot and water dried on there. So I washed it again when it was cooler and nope. Still there. Maybe just tough water spots ? Or should I do a polish on it.

I would try a cleaner like clay bar

Looks like something from above dripped down onto paint...

WASH it again... would be my suggestion
Then see what it looks like...

I Clayed it and nothing. Still there. It's a lot shinier so it blends in hah. But still there. This is a friends car and what I heard from there daughter is that they wash it and let it to air dry , in the sun! Could this be why. From what I've heard they have always done it like this. This is my first time getting my hands on it.

You could try some polishing compound or rubbing compound. Try polishing compound first.

Looks like very hard water or something in the water.. Are they on well water or city water?

You should always get the water off and not let it dry on the paint, water can etch the surface and in some cases require wet sanding  ..

It should polish out if it's just dulled the surface of the clear coat..

Try a cleaning wax like Maguires or my favorite, Royal Blue. I just picked up a new Silvy last month and the chrome wheels looked like that. The RB cleaned them right up to a mirror finish.  (y)

Back