• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2007 Avy losing ALL sound

intricate451

Ive seen a few these posts but with no resolution... anyone ever determine the cause?  I replaced my Bose amp already and the problem still exists... sometimes I have sound, sometimes not... sometimes its on then off then on then off during a drive...  ALL sound, radio, nav, chimes, blinkers... if I plug into the rear audio I have sound the whole time though.

2007 Avy with Navi/Bose..

any more leads on what to look at next would be great!!!

Where did you get the replacement AMP from and can you take it back.

doesnt matter.. its not the amp... it was new so Ill just sell the one I took out since I have since resolved this...

so in frustration i punched the dash (sideways on the side of the nav unit) and the sound came back on... so for the hell of it.. i punched it again and it went off... punched it again and it came back on .... so clearly a loose wire behind the nav unit..  time to pull it out and check out all those connections back there..

oh well... hopefully I can recover a few dollars for my amp and now I have a brand new one in the truck..

And your rear audio plugs worked. ?

yep.. the rear audio jack worked the whole time!!!

still havent pulled it apart to cinch down the wires in the back since the last time I punched my dash its been working fine...

I am working on making a amp bypass harness right now from this post:

http://www.silveradosierra.com/mobile-electronics/i-did-it-solved-the-bose-system-upgrade-issues-t17919.html

if anyone wants one let me know... back then there was a lot of interest so I figure if I go through the trouble of making one.. i would be willing to make more if enough interest.

I did that same mod to my 03 we called it the LUX Bose mod. It's amazing how much better the sound quality will be even with the same speakers.

Back