• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Lets get something drummed up

wyotonka

Hey everyone in the area (Colorado, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, and Wyoming)  :wave: I was thinking we need to start getting some trucks together! It is getting to be a busy time of year for me, but whats a little more?  :laugh:

I am pretty booked as far as weekends go in May due to Graduations all over the place  :E: and the first week of June I have a disc tournament in Rapid/Spearfish. AFTER that though, I am open! We have plenty of attractions and state parks in the area, I think if we get in at least one good GTG it will help motivate others in the area to start tagging. I have been trying to tell people to join the forum AND the Facebook since the forum is kinda spotty lately.

I would like to get an idea where everyone that would want to join a GTG is at, so we can start scouting a centralized location that works good for a lot of members in the area.  :wave:

We have areas that are incredible to see, including the first national park! (Yellowstone)
Devils Tower
This is really incredible to see in person, the sheer size of it is incredible with 2 separate walking paths, each one is a different distance.
devils_tower_3.jpg

And Yellowstone is Breathtaking beauty
yellowstone-national-park-usa.jpg

Outside Casper, Wy is Independence Rock, and not far from that is Devils gate... Rattle Snakes are common in warm weather though so we would want to keep an eye out
indrock50.jpg

DevGate.jpg

South Dakota has Mount Rushmore and Crazy horse near by that are also well worth the trip.
Montana has Glacier National park (never been but heard its incredible)

I believe Frito is also running through on a family vacation this summer, it would be cool if we could get a good size GTG to have him roll through.  :wave:

A few of these are within an hour or two of each other too, so a cruise from one to the other would be completely capable

Mount-Rushmore-Lodging.png

Crazy-Horse-Memorial-2.jpg

Keep the AZ folks in the loop if your GTG comes together. Depending on the date and locations, I may be able to journey north and would love to see the country while escaping the AZ summer heat.

Off topic, but hoping you'll see this here...I was checking out your build thread and saw your FSM bumper sticker. Is that for the Federated States of Micronesia?

(y)  We got our new Black Angus Flying Diamond 8 tent delivered and finally decided on dates.  We don't have the plans nailed down yet but we are going the weeks of June 13th and 20th.  We figure it will be a two - three day drive out depending on where we stop along the way and two/three back.  One thing we know is that we plan to stay at..... Avalanche Campground in Glacier National Park.  We want to stop at Mt. Rushmore either on the way out or way back.  We're also going to swing up to Banff.  We talked about Yellowstone but don't know if we will have time for that in addition to everything else. We may make that a special trip of it's own down the road.  

Long story short, we finally have dates set but plans aren't yet set.  I'd like to take a day to meet up with the western gang and see the Tonka truck in person.  

frito said:
(y)  We got our new Black Angus Flying Diamond 8 tent delivered and finally decided on dates.  We don't have the plans nailed down yet but we are going the weeks of June 13th and 20th.  We figure it will be a two - three day drive out depending on where we stop along the way and two/three back.  One thing we know is that we plan to stay at..... Avalanche Campground in Glacier National Park.  We want to stop at Mt. Rushmore either on the way out or way back.  We're also going to swing up to Banff.  We talked about Yellowstone but don't know if we will have time for that in addition to everything else. We may make that a special trip of it's own down the road.  

Long story short, we finally have dates set but plans aren't yet set.  I'd like to take a day to meet up with the western gang and see the Tonka truck in person.  
hopefully we have a "western gang" I have been trying, but it's hard to get people to join. I feel like issues lately probably aren't helping. I have even been trying to actually talk to people, rather than just leaving a tag  :dunno:

wyotonka said:
hopefully we have a "western gang" I have been trying, but it's hard to get people to join. I feel like issues lately probably aren't helping. I have even been trying to actually talk to people, rather than just leaving a tag  :dunno:
Two or more are a gang so even if it's just a meeting of the Yellows, that's a gang.  Maybe Dakota can bop down/over from school.  Any camping spots you recommend?  We're definitely going to shoot for Avalanche in Glacier.  We want to experience the glaciers before they melt.

Time to crank it up wyotonka you have a approximate date and I have flew into GTG many of times.

(y)

So we have our course plotted.  We are leaving Saturday the 11th.  We'll be stopping at the Rushmore/Badlands area - probably just a drive through.  Depending what time we get out Saturday (we always get out 6 - 12 hours later than we want  :E:) we'll be viewing that area on Monday the 13th or worse case Tuesday the 14th.  From there, we're going to head to Yellowstone to view Old Faithful and spend the night.  Our ultimate destinations for multiple night stays are Glacier and Banff.  We'll begin the drive home from Banff probably Friday the 24th.  We'll be making the trek back through Calgary, Winnipeg, dropping down through Minneapolis and back home.  Let me know if you can meet up during that first week that we'll be in the Wyoming/Dakotas area.  I think we'll be diving through your town from the Badlands to Yellowstone.

frito said:
So we have our course plotted.  We are leaving Saturday the 11th.  We'll be stopping at the Rushmore/Badlands area - probably just a drive through.  Depending what time we get out Saturday (we always get out 6 - 12 hours later than we want  :E:) we'll be viewing that area on Monday the 13th or worse case Tuesday the 14th.  From there, we're going to head to Yellowstone to view Old Faithful and spend the night.  Our ultimate destinations for multiple night stays are Glacier and Banff.  We'll begin the drive home from Banff probably Friday the 24th.  We'll be making the trek back through Calgary, Winnipeg, dropping down through Minneapolis and back home.  Let me know if you can meet up during that first week that we'll be in the Wyoming/Dakotas area.  I think we'll be diving through your town from the Badlands to Yellowstone.
well if you're rolling through Gillette, we could do lunch of nothing else.  (y)

Sounds like a plan.  (y)  We'll give you a shout as we get closer.

Well, we finally got everything put away and settled back into a routine so I finally have time to post up some some pictures.  We got to meet Wyotonka and his partner on June 13th.  They were celebrating their anniversary so it was more of a meet and greet but we did get a chance to snap some pics.  It would have been cool to have enoniam with Ole Yellar for the shots but he was out gallivanting around in the 'Vette.  ;)

It was nice meeting you guys!  The kids really liked the Tonka Truck, as did I.  Thanks for the dinner suggestions.  We went to Jordan's.  The Salmon special was fantastic! 

The Bumblebee and the Tonka Truck:

A_luvcHBUB63-rKZGUj8jiAI0LZz6Zbu-ay-IDC_t5dogkVR5RO9Nll1kd-IxOcHeOIyAgK8VqM4TF1PtsH10v84uwL0Zg49w2PzafyeH4y4KWJNzeNlAuaGvc7g472HTix-_EUGVGDyK3GN-vMDXYSJh5MGSByTrXYQ0qjUtH6L6p9j7C6wHIunT0NJUACQU3TmkRm5Okfr1ZnjRHpik0-5WBX_Wk82wUKwnN8F8rO7eJBxF1cdosUT5iAYf-aSArwauHfn4qwrIMIsI0WHo0IwOeAhPtz7M0qcnLUBas5hmLF_cuDZXbYMwn2fP49oXgAGTyjq08cahAYzm3iMSp65z_naNOPlTRPKudGe61T2kddQroZ0uAsstN7I4eEU5-EZS6THDElRvko4mERoyW8jBGBnmIiAyJpn2WZbDXRoO1XMwPECium4-nNo8kUvw50sd9j4IW491lCqOCDoPAnAgNMRfRZuPa3j1NZBFu11lhV7Sc-rV3lcFyAXjlF_6bZOtqjcJW9YCenph-Z8YIi_AbUvOu9D3qHzO5VCE3S7Dcm4nyIDTVb4TkUZL3-E5GmW90-KlRuyLvhTIfED-ZRnG2L3y90=w1683-h947-no

Wyotonka and frito with the Tonka Truck and the Bumbleee.  Yes, those are tie downs holding the lights in place on the Bumblebee  :laugh:

PgDRRejLWNXYiF4vo5VGGpBmBGemLUicO9QkdTibMWB0LwOj8uuwhM28l3ReR6phdnR0AMVD18dLPSMstQXT_kNJi5Hvajt8AdOqab-0mCPW1HGnrOeTVOh1YP2SZeYwTE2S2tlWgNlsNq_8rUeZqdhmEqYPx2kW4K4gzBtkVF-YKfdPlaNyRRBuisx8MQXTj3yxXZnu7-NnCVg6OLDKOrK7QmThMj-tFrzpQEqW7nSQ6hkTotdxyBXcZGpttPDqKDt-SV3vH5vnNoQzuHxUmhPYVGzB6q8hX2zu1cUMAEyi7cNsC3uztLLhcADpv2mfa_SzincSNJyaBVmvV9aQq1U7e3Gdy9G-wYEChqYqGS2J59XMBmMTCtnTdT03TkzUldtKST4o_TBurd3i17ri-mE1kuH_GU8Lk4LcfMD8K7j6Wcbs907uwVPSfPyDhBC-p_3HAUxBNfAp6q0ln7ZapTqB3JPJy5lqjmytjyCN00g6DqKHaq4P_9KM9cI6Q-b-AbY1p3ZIseg4294geSC29fpjG-gIWbqdOyDVuHh1fOidyYOQOJdLhZJRBRxREZMrcgXsZkwN3p1jcGTgS4b6Szo3kfSytaw=w1683-h947-no

xyJDXAJ_cvqxP9pVwUjhgg7P0PQFJP3XBs7taJLRSGGZRHeP5XB7HPhGOnTz2Fvis1skuiA89cvCnF4utuBi6N8wPI5Ap3_krkcW_FEazrVs49GqDhr8p1L7t0aIGdBDeoefjaE78APBReF6v8AMeyB2tcCUt87RvY286pljVBVqSjz8t6Hth2rLlMCmQlx-2tVhGR40oHLvNFwIg4EKho80SN6Xd0g_NtgRJwRGEgu0l-loLlfxi3h8WF0LbnvF9OyYCmpSUOWEUMqYtU_-Rmj_oDbcUEHWqqMIZWIHktl0Ub8ZP6OGCgPHHvornjS70rYw93fyyaj-BINdOEKL-r8-HTx3FI3qj9PCVdRxEl_Gq_-JquXV2NBARRiV7CxHlGAnVx4rXTpBPPoN1NT3DTAeFadHFLcwLbEgQOpTPnoR0ykKpgaIllMaaa-dVF2pnHM7XPY8eZHQqYqe1mwYgEQeiPhL0vOsSPPBLUa29pqJc3xzUBNaZYnkpQ3a6o7JsWvQ8h89N5SNSM2nDTiEgpeLAsT1Yz0SJx9ojnQlqwgr-iLDoh8mETE6zl24ket_daC8EofLfXyYDIAip0Ex1apnfou-4zs=w1683-h947-no

Well at least you got to try Jordan's, they got evicted last week and didn't pay any of their help ?? I have heard that their food was pretty good though. I'm glad you guys had a good trip  :wave:

Back