• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Ceiling felt-product to adhere it?

Nebula

So the felt lining on the roof of my Avalanche is starting to come off.  The padding underneath is very dry and flaky.  I live in AZ.  Does anyone else have this issue and what product did you find that adheres it well and long term?  I've tried regular glue in liquid and stick form, it doesn't stay long.  I also tried a spray glue that didn't work.

Much appreciated! 

Was the glue Headliner Adhesive. ?

Have you tried something like THIS?

Use only headliner adhesive in a spray can and make sure it say to be used with the foam backing type headliner material. Permatex has a good quantity adhesive. I've used it twice with good results

In my experience,the headliner re- glue is at best a temporary fix. Proper fix is headliner replacement,since the foam already dry and flaky,will only get worse.But,its your dime either way. I  have had headliners replaced at a relatively low cost,that is,factoring in how long I plan to retain the vehicle.
David

04BOWTIE said:
In my experience,the headliner re- glue is at best a temporary fix. Proper fix is headliner replacement,since the foam already dry and flaky,will only get worse.But,its your dime either way. I  have had headliners replaced at a relatively low cost,that is,factoring in how long I plan to retain the vehicle.
David

X2

Back