• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Move passenger seat back

sgubser

Has anyone moved the passenger seat back?  My 2009 avalanche does not have sufficient leg room for the front passenger seat.  I'd like to move the seat back.  Are there already alternative mounting holes?  If not, can it be moved 1-2 inches back and re-drilled to the floor or the bracket be re-drilled??  Any advice?

Is there an alternative aftermarket bracket?

Is there an different way to get the seat to move further back??

Steve

What model AV such as LT or LTZ? The trade off you would probably face is having the seat interfere with lowering the rear seat.
You must have a long legged passenger, I am heavy and 6'2" and don't have any leg room problems in my 2008 LT3 Z71?
Oh and welcome to the site!

Are you sure that something isn't keeping the seat from going back all the way? I too am 6'-2", and have plenty of leg room in my '07.

This is an LTZ model.  My wife in not too tall at 5:10, but probably longer legs than men of 5'10".  Anyway, there is less legroom than most smaller vehicles.

yes, the seat can go all the way back.  It goes back as far as the drivers seat anyway.

Steve

You can try swapping the leather seat out with cloth seat.

Back