• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Which one would you buy?

Ernie12

Which one would you buy?

2011 Black LTZ Loaded 55K miles for $29,000 or

2013 Black LS 40K miles for $31,000  ?

Lots of variables in that question! Makes it hard to guess unless you know all the options as well as maintenance,accident, flood and weather exposure history..........
As a general rule assuming you are comparing like vehicles I would go with the newest vehicle I could with lowest miles. You will get longer life and find parts easier the younger a vehicle is. Yet in your vague example an LS would have less options then an LTZ in normal situations although a 2013 would have the painted cladding which the 2011 may not have (it was an option then) and it would cost you a couple thousand to add it to the 2011.

Thanks Vaeagleav,  yea many differences between the two. Both are local trades-ins one owner , both 4x4's with tow package. The LTZ reports a small accident left front bumper with no air bag deployment but its just loaded with everything. The LT does have remote start ,backup sensors, backup camera in the rearview mirror and pretty basic after that. Im still leaning towards the LS .

Well after more searching I found a 2012 LT with only 31K miles , Looks and runs like new.  I jumped on this one because they just lowered the price to $28,994.00  It also had some mods done to it , like a bug deflector and different grill, also there is a a plug sticking out of the front bumper I think its for keeping the engine warm overnight in cold climates because it runs into the bottom of the engine block. It originally came out of Canada into Northern Ohio as a one owner and then the dealer where I bought it from got it at an auto auction.  Traded in my 06 Avalanche Z71.

Congrats on the new ride.

Great find!

Now, the fun begins with the various anomalies with Avalanches Built for Canada First than those for below the 49? Paralell.

I suggest you keep a good eye on the similar boards for GM Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon/Silverado/Sierra threads for Canadian differences. As much as they share the same name(s), somethings got lost in Translation between the U.S. models and those for the Great White North.

See if you can snag a PDF of the Original CANADIAN Owner's Guide. It may be your next best friend. The primary differences will be in the electrical system and don't even think about disabling the DRL's.

Enjoy your ride.  :B:

Hey Cat Dancer thanks for the heads up.

But what are DRL's

See if you can snag a PDF of the Original CANADIAN Owner's Guide. It may be your next best friend. The primary differences will be in the electrical system and don't even think about disabling the DRL's.

Well this got me to thinking about the VIN and the truck vin starts off with 3G so that means it was built in Mexico but I guess it was made for Canada because it was first bought there according to Carfax.

oih82w8 said:
Daytime
Running
Lights

OK thanks , Im not worried about those lights but I sure would like to disable AFM and maybe put a better tune on the truck. Im reading up on all of that now.

Back