• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Back - Up Camera

EMSDC

Question to the club: Just drive a 2015 Malibu as a rental, not bad but no comparison to my Ava!(y) The question I have is the back-up camera on the Malibu has the built-in color distance graph shown when backing. Can I update this type of camera to my 2011 LTZ?

Sounds like the gentleman's install that's referenced in that post isn't the cleanest option (requiring a "platform", etc.) I'd be interested if anyone has done one that fits a bit better.

EMSDC said:
Question to the club: Just drive a 2015 Malibu as a rental, not bad but no comparison to my Ava!(y) The question I have is the back-up camera on the Malibu has the built-in color distance graph shown when backing. Can I update this type of camera to my 2011 LTZ?
I have the 2011 Z71 Avy and love it (3rd one, want 2014 but you know already)... I also have the 2015 Malibu with the LTZ 2 Turbo. Not sure what you rented, but this Malibu trim is far superior in ride and smoothness. It's like riding on glass with a punch - almost 300 ft/Lbs torque.    Hell, the Avalanche has only 335 ft/Lbs - go figure.  The camera is also dynamic when your corner... super responsive with variable curvature on the screen. Don't give up on the Malibu, although the 2016 is butt ugly.

Back