• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Steering Wheel wear marks

topshelf1975

Wondered if anyone else has some wear marks on their steering wheel particularly with the black rubber coating? I just bought my 07 and noticed these wear marks. If i lightly scrap the coating it starts to come off which is fine since their are areas where it is already started. Can anyone think of a reason why I Shouldn't scrap the rest of the coating off? Thanks in advance.

Nope.
There are also quite a few covers out there that stick on over the spokes and will cover this of you don't like the way it looks

Replacing the steering wheel isn't horribly difficult (beyond the handling of a shaped explosive charge) and OEM steering wheels are, in the big picture, pretty cheap. Certainly more expensive than a cover, but not that super expensive.

This fall I will likely treat myself to a heated steering wheel.

Calicak89 said:
Nope.
There are also quite a few covers out there that stick on over the spokes and will cover this of you don't like the way it looks

Where might I find some covers?

Back