• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Where I Can Connect To Ignition Wire or RAP Wire In 2011 Avalanche Driver Side

Chief

CAFCNA FOUNDER
Charter Member
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
I want to install a 12V DC outlet basically under the dashboard close to the driver side door. My plan is to plug a radar detector in there and route the wire up the A-Pillar so it is a clean install. The included wire isn't long enough to route this way from the dash outlets.

I had a hardwired radar detector in my Grand Prix and I loved having it. Turned on with the car, turned off with the car - would like to do same.

Just need to know if there is a wire I can tap into there where I'm not hacking up a wiring harness, plenty of ground points. Need around 10 Amps to tap in, and strong preference for a wire that is energized only when the ignition is on, or on RAP.

Thanks in advance - pic would be a HUGE help. I can do the rest from there.

There is a junction block hidden by a snap on cover above and between the brake and e-brake pedals.
It has 11 blocks in it labeled x5 through x15.
x14 is your winner. (second one from the bottom in the left hand column)
x14 has 8 ports, 7 of them occupied
The taps you are looking for can be found in the following arrangement

7(ignition)      5(constant)    3(empty)    1(ground)
8(accessory)    6                    4                2

Attachments

• Junction block.JPG
    Junction block.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 76
EXACTLY what I needed - fantastic. Any landmines in that junction block I need to know about?

Not to my knowledge. The guy I got the layout from a few years back is a friend works at a GM dealer in Delaware. He told me not to pull X11 unless I absolutely had to, I don't remember why, but I never have. I've had X8, X9, and X14 out and back in with no issues. I used to have the full layout, but I can't remember where I stuck the hard copy or where the hell I saved it on my computer.

Calicak89 said:
There is a junction block hidden by a snap on cover above and between the brake and e-brake pedals.
It has 11 blocks in it labeled x5 through x15.
x14 is your winner. (second one from the bottom in the left hand column)
x14 has 8 ports, 7 of them occupied
The taps you are looking for can be found in the following arrangement

7(ignition)      5(constant)    3(empty)    1(ground)
8(accessory)    6                    4                2

I was hoping to use this diagram but it does not look the same as my 13. Can't believe they changed the panel in 2 years. #14 is dead on or off on my 13.

should look like this, as you mentioned, I wouldn't think that it changed at all.

Attachments

• junction_block_left.jpg
    junction_block_left.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 29
Calicak89 said:
should look like this, as you mentioned, I wouldn't think that it changed at all.

Ya, I went thru about 4 different fuses and they were all constant hot, so I pulled the roof console down and tapped the power wire for the sunroof that I don't have. Now I have a dash cam that come on with the turn of a key and shuts down when I turn the SUT off. Thanks, your right, no difference.

Welcome to the site and glad we could help.
Invite your friends, the site has gone through a bit of Renaissance over the past year with the traction of different social media groups but recent and future scheduled upgrades are steering traffic back here. as you mentioned the info contained here is priceless, but if you feel compelled, you should consider becoming a supporting member, your $25 or $45 go a long way in keeping this site active and alive. 
Again, welcome and enjoy

Back