• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

3" spacers

jwylde7

Want to run with the wide out look does anyone have any suggestions of brand for 3" spacers with pics would be nice and any cons that come with it?

3"?? Damn that's a lot. I have 2" on the rear and it sticks out. You'd be better off getting a better offset on wheels vs a 3" spacer. That's just my opinion.

I have been contemplating a small 1.5" ish spacers, will a wider track make off-roading more difficult trail wise?

3" seems like an awful lot, that's a 6" total track width increase.
That is a lot to stretch out from the hub face. Getting a wheel that has been designed with a greater negative offset (smaller backspace) will greatly decrease your chances of damage or premature wear (and give you the look you want) as having a spacer that large can put tremendous stress on the hub. If you want a little more width, you can then add a small spacer to make up the difference.
what year is your av?  (you should add your vehicle stats to your signature)
From the factory the 2002-2006 rear track is 1" wider, 66" vs the front at 65"
On the 207-2013, the opposite is true, the difference is 1 1/4", with the front being wider (68 1/4" vs 67" in the rear)
On my 05 I ran 12mm (appx. 1/2") spacers in the front, to even out the track width to 66" front and rear.
On my 08 I am running 1 1/4" on the rears, making my rear track a total of 2 1/2" wider but only 1 1/4" wider than the fronts.
I wouldn't recommend running anything greater than 1 1/2" spacers, especially on the front.

It's an 02. I ended up going with a 2" spacer the more aggressive stance is really the goal but 3" from what all I was told was way too much stress but happy with the results of the 2".

Back