• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Outside Rearview Mirror

EMSDC

Has anyone had the problem of the outside passenger rearview mirror resetting outward every time I set the driver position button (#1). I have to re-adjust the mirror back to the saved position manually. I have tried to save the position holding in the (#1) button several time until the two beeps but it keeps resetting everytime I adjust the driver position! Any ideas or help would be appreciated!

I'm sure you have already checked this, but are you absolutely certain the fob you are using is assigned to Driver #1?

I only mention this because both of my fobs are replacements for the originals and neither of my them has a number silkscreened on them and each of the fobs was assigned it's driver number at the time the fobs were programmed for my truck.

This is done by the order in which the fobs are assigned during programming.

First fob programmed is driver #1, second one programmed is driver #2.

I have the first fob programmed and it tells the truck I am driver #1 when I use it to unlock the door locks.

The fob my wife has is the second fob that was programmed and it identifies as driver #2 when it unlocks the door.

Maybe on the off chance, the fob you are using to unlock the door identifies you as driver #2.

I can set the truck settings for driver #2 without her fob even being anywhere near the truck.

The fobs identify the driver #, not the key, at least in the first gen trucks.

Just a thought.

Back