• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Ever seen a Avalanche Duelly?

FullLock

.... Now ya have.  A buddy saw this truck and sent me the pic yesterday.  Im guessing it's a Avy on a 3500 frame?

There used to be a car custom shop about 20 years ago that would sell a conversion kit for those with Suburbans that wanted a dually look. It included rear axle and hubs,fenders etc. It cost several thousand dollars and you had to cut stock fenders on the Suburban.
never saw an AV conversion though.

Don't let Alaska AV see this, it may give him some  ideas.  :0:

FullLock said:
.... Now ya have.  A buddy saw this truck and sent me the pic yesterday.  Im guessing it's a Avy on a 3500 frame?

Saw it in person a few times before it was complete.  I know the guy that started the build in Wilmington DE. You're right about the 3500. He used an 04' K3500 that was a recovered flood vehicle and an AV w/ a blown out tranny.
Bob was working on this when I lived in Newark DE and sold it to a guy from Charles Town WV in ( I think) 2007. Now he has a 2011 F-350 dually w/ a 22.5" rig wheel conversion and like 12" of combined body and suspension lift.

Calicak89 said:
Saw it in person a few times before it was complete.  I know the guy that started the build in Wilmington DE. You're right about the 3500. He used an 04' K3500 that was a recovered flood vehicle and an AV w/ a blown out tranny.
Bob was working on this when I lived in Newark DE and sold it to a guy from Charles Town WV in ( I think) 2007. Now he has a 2011 F-350 dually w/ a 22.5" rig wheel conversion and like 12" of combined body and suspension lift.

Oh cool wish there was some close ups of the truck.  I'd like to get a better look

shep262 said:
Bad A$$ looking truck !

Calicak89 I see your from Pa. we were at Prince Gallitizin recently, nice place.
That's a little over an hour from me, I still travel travel through that area often as I still have a lot of work in Pittsburgh and fly out of there for other projects. I've never been to the State Park there though as I live on the edge of RothRock SP I have no reason to travel to any other.

FullLock said:
Oh cool wish there was some close ups of the truck.  I'd like to get a better look
I don't have any. I'm not sure sure if Bob does or not. I didn't buy my first AV until a few months before he sold it, so I wasn't really into it all that much at the time.

camaroz1985 said:
Looks like a phone number on the tailgate.  Someone give him a call and ask him to join the site.

I tried googling the number and the shop name but got nothing

That is bad a$$. AlaskaAv could top it by making his diesel AV a duelly and lifting it.

Back