• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Anyone use/used the Superchips Flashpaq 2845?

I have just recently purchased one and am happy with it.  I wanted to disable the AFM which I did..  I could have gone cheap and got the RANGE device but I like that I am "future" proofed.  If I change tire sizes, etc.. I can just reprogram.  I like the shift point changes it put in as well...  I am using the 87 tune.. thinking of switching to the XS fuel saver tune just to see the difference.

have any specific questions let me know!

Appreciate the reply  (y) Did you notice a significant drop in fuel economy by turning off the AFM? And, as I'm only mildly knowledgeable about this, is that something that's advisable on my '11? Were the shift point changes fairly fool-proof to employ?

Thanks

I have the Cortex tuner, which at the end of the day uses the same tune so it's all the same as far as the ECM is concerned. I used the performance programming, the XS programming, and none. I found no real appreciable MPG change between the 3. AFM off hurts MPG maybe 1/2 a mile a gallon, but it drives so much darn better. The XS tune didn't seem to give me any real bump in MPG and it was honestly horrible to drive, like it was missing two cylinders when you put the hammer down from a power stand point, and loooooooooooooooooooooooooong shifts.

I have used Superchips tuners now for over a decade, very happy with them overall.

Thanks Chief! I ordered one last night. Finally sold my old leaky Audi so the Avy is my new daily driver. Might as well enjoy the ride as much as possible, eh?

MoBlanche said:
Appreciate the reply  (y) Did you notice a significant drop in fuel economy by turning off the AFM? And, as I'm only mildly knowledgeable about this, is that something that's advisable on my '11? Were the shift point changes fairly fool-proof to employ?

Thanks

I think the AFM problem is resolved by the '11 model year but dont quote me... there were problems with AFM with the 07's...  I didnt notice any fuel change really with the AFM disable BUT I honestly wasnt tracking it either.. so hard to say.  If the AFM didnt cause such huge engine failures in the 07 I would have left it alone but I think I caught it in time since my rig doesnt use any oil between changes which was the tell tale sign AFM was about to grenade your motor..

The shiftpoints are part of the tune, so nothing manual to do.

I'm using the Cortex tuner with the 91 octane performance program... LOVE it! I can give my fiancee's Raptor a run for the money. I haven't turned off the AFM because I do a lot of highway driving with just me in the truck. Thinking about doing it to stop the 'burp' from the exhaust when the shift happens.

Seems as though it was a good purchase. I'm excited to try it out. Should arrive tomorrow. I plasti-dipped my bowties black today while I was waiting :bling: and they look great. Thanks for the input. Once I've tried it out I'll report back here so someone with this question in the future has some more specific info about the Flashpaq 2845.

So, first impressions:
Install: Very very easy. First connected to my computer and used the Ignition software to update the Superchips module. Took about 2 minutes.
Plugged into Avy, selected my tune (91 performance) and it was done within five minutes.

Response: Overall big improvement. I turned of the AFM (I have a 2011 LTZ, fyi) and selected the 91 octane performance tune. Driving experience is much smoother. You can barely even feel shifts anymore and power is much more direct. Even though I selected the performance tune I'm currently seeing about a 3-4 mpg improvement in gas mileage around town. No more throttle lag, and I am very pleased. This is just my initial impression, but so far I'm very happy with the purchase. Makes the ride feel just about perfect. Now once I get an Airraid CAI installed I think I'll be all set.

Back