• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Anyone swap their 07 NAV with a newer one with BT?

intricate451

I want to keep a factory NAV headunit... so..

What year did they add the Bluetooth for audio streaming?  AND is that a direct plug and play?

I am pretty sure the 2012 the harness is different (from what I have read) so... anything pre-2012 that has bluetooth that will be a direct plug in? \

(yes I know about the VIN flash thing..)

thanks!

I'm not sure about the audio streaming but I believe 2009 was when BlueTooth for OnScare became available. This was in my 2010 and in my current 2013.

I've never tried to use BlueTooth for Audio Streaming.

I've since cancelled my OnScare Service and when I use the Bluetooth to make calls, my old Voice Confirmation Tag for using OnScare comes on to confirm which service to use. Not the other tag I had set up for the actual Cell Service provider.

Bottom line is about 2009 was when BlueTooth began to show up from the factory.

2011+ you can get free onstar service with your phone...

The onstar system may be different from your radio however.

dont care about onstar...

goal = swap factory 2007 nav with factory 20XX nav that has bluetooth for audio streaming - if this exists.

What he was trying to tell you is BlueTooth is part of the Onstar system not the headunit and it will not stream music just cell phone. If you go to Crutch Field you can find a adapter that  can interface with your 07 headunit.

MS03 2500 said:
What he was trying to tell you is BlueTooth is part of the Onstar system not the headunit and it will not stream music just cell phone. If you go to Crutch Field you can find a adapter that  can interface with your 07 headunit.

again - dont care about that... has nothing to do with my question -  at some point BT IS part of the headunit for streaming music.  I am well aware of the aftermarket.. not interested...

intricate451 said:
again - dont care about that... has nothing to do with my question -  at some point BT IS part of the headunit for streaming music.  I am well aware of the aftermarket.. not interested...
It's not quite that simple. There were multiple models of very similar headunits, and Rod is trying to help you from purchasing one that does not achieve your desired results.  There are three ways to get to where you want to be.
1. Use your existing headunit and add a piggyback unit in the dash. As Rod and MS03 mentioned, the bluetooth function is not built into the headunit in most GM vehicles and runs through the Onstar system. You can add a concealed unit that attaches to your existing headunit and will function as a bluetooth streaming device. Depending on your exiting headunit, the model of adapter varies, but the PAC ISBT21 works for most GM (Delphi) units. You can visit the PAC website @ www.PAC-audio.com for more info and exact system parameters. What you will need is an adapter that provides an A2DP (the firmware that allows audio streaming) connection to the headunit.
2. Purchase a Delphi headunit w/ built in A2DP capabilities. Not just one form a particular year as up to and including 2013 not all Nav units were A2DP compatible.
3. I'm not sure what your apprehension of aftermarket is, but there are manufacturer that produce very stock looking aftermarket units as well that are capable of doing what you desire like DCT, who make the C021C, and 407-7635C, which are both stock looking units that are A2DP capable and are plug and play w/ no adapters or additional harnesses required

Thanks but you guys are all over analyzing here... dont take me the wrong way..  but I dont need help to not purchase the wrong unit, have any interest in aftermarket, etc..

So let me phrase it a different way..

What model year avy,tahoe,etc... HAS A2DP supporing NAV units with the same harness/plug as a 2007 model year (aka Plug and play w/ vin caveat).

It's that simple...

Now, if 2009 had some NAV with and some without - dont care.. the answer is "2009 does"

i got my Aftermarket Android unit for under 300.00, my truck is a 2009

its plug and play: A2DP blue tooth, Google LIVE Maps Navigation, Email, FaceBook, InstaGram, DVD Movies, Mp4 music video, plus you can load any App you want, i run Torque obd2 .

xtrons is the company i got it from..good luck with your AV!

Ha, I saw this thread the other day and noticed the OP never got their question fully clarified, but figured it was too old to reply.

In any case, if the OP is still looking for the answer: Bluetooth was added in 2009. It is NOT part of the radio, rather, part of the OnStar module (hence why everyone was talking about upgrading your OnStar box). You don't have to use OnStar to have Bluetooth - it is just built into THAT module and NOT the radio. No need to upgrade the radio to get Bluetooth.

Having said that, the 2009-2014 Bluetooth ONLY offered phone calls, no audio streaming available. That came with the MyLink radios in the 2015 Tahoe/Silverado/Suburban, etc but they do not plug & play into the 2014 and older models.

In short: if you only want Bluetooth phone calls, upgrade OnStar box. You can get some sweet perks like remote start from your phone for free. Read my complete guide here http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,151075.0.html
If you want the audio streaming, buy an aftermarket head unit.

Ive had a Scosche BlueFusion added to my 2008 (nav with boss) for years. Works great. Provides Bluetooth phone and streaming. Easy plug n play install behind the glove box. Plugs in to the factory harness between the XM receiver and the factory head unit.

Recently tried to upgrade to a CarPlay unit KENWOOD DNX-693s with the iDatalink Meastro, all from Crutchfield. Invested around $800. Not happy, very buggy unit. Going back to factory with Scosche.

Back