• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2016 National GTG: Donated Items

4x4dreamer

PM 2023
SM 2018
SM 2017
PM 2013
SM 2008
This is be the official thread for the donations/items received for the charity raffle at the 2016 National GTG!

If you would like to personally contribute items to the raffle, door prizes, auction items, etc.  it would be greatly appreciated. Anyone that would like to do so, please PM me and we will get the details worked out. Upon donating something, you will be placed on our list of contributors.

If you would like a flyer to give to any of your local Chevy dealers, or contacts, should they want to donate any items, please PM me as well and I can send you a color copy in an email.

[size=14pt]
As the donations come in, I will post photo's here of the items! I have not recieved anything just yet, but I have many, many feelers out! Don't forget, the proceeds from this raffle will go to benefit a great cause

Donated Items

BedRug%20Logo.png

#bedrug_bedliners has graciously donated the following:

1: Complete carpeted Bed Rug system for any Avalanche 2002-2013
10: Track Mat shop mats

BedRug%20Mat.jpg
Track%20Mat.jpg

Duragloss has donated the following:

A complete Duragloss Deluxe Detail Kit
A Duragloss T shirt mens XL

Duragloss%20Kit%20.jpg

RockAuto has donated the following:

1: $25.00 Gift Certificate along with magnets and fliers

Rock%20Auto%20Gift%20Card.jpg

Griots Garage has donated the following:

Car care Kit including: Interior Detailer, Speed Shine, and a Microfiber cloth

Griots%20Kit%20.jpg

PlasmaGlow has donated the following:

A complete ThunderGrille LED kit: Color White

Plasmaglow%20Thundergrille%20.jpg
Plasmaglow%20Thundergrille%20Kit%20.jpg

Wipe New has donated the following:

12 Complete Wipe New Kits! A temporary solution for your faded cladding!

Wipe%20New%20Kit.jpg

Lexol Leather Solutions has donated the following:

Samples of their Leather cleaner and conditioner to be given away to the attendees.

Lexol%20Samples%20.jpg

I have donated the following:

A Turtle Wax car care kit.

Turtle%20Wax%20Kit%20.jpg

Site Sponsor, Brian, at therightcarstuff has donated the following items:

A can of Refinish Restorer, and a Microfiber Cloth
Refinish%20Restorer%20.jpg

A complete Race Glaze Kit
race%20glaze%20kit.jpg

A can of Carworx Cockpit spray, and a can of Glass cleaner and a hat​

#StonersSolutions has donated the following items:

A COMPLETE Car Care Kit, including everything you might need to detail the inside and outside of your AV!

stoners%20solution.jpg

Member, Calicak89 has donated the following items:

A complete DUB detailing kit!

Dub%20detailer%20stuff%20.jpg

ChevyGuyNC will be including an Event Banner that will be signed by all members in attendance to be auctioned!!!​

Hugz has donated the following items:

A $50 gas card, a Couple bottles of wine glasses snacks etc. Chardonnay and a Malbec
And the ever popular Candy basket!!

He has also secured a free nights stay at the Hotel for STI 2016, in Tybee Island!!!!!​

Member, james21 has donated the following items:

A $50 Lowes gift card, a $50 Home Depot card, and a $50 iTunes card​

I will update the list as more donations are received, before the raffle!

I will post photos and descriptions of the items to be raffled as I recieve them, but I can tell you that we already have several commitments of GREAT products!!!  (y)

I have a feeling you won't want to miss this year's charity raffle!  :love: :B:

4x4dreamer said:
I will post photos and descriptions of the items to be raffled as I recieve them, but I can tell you that we already have several commitments of GREAT products!!!  (y)

I have a feeling you won't want to miss this year's charity raffle!  :love: :B:
I can't make it to the Nationals this year, if anyone is driving through close I would like to donate a steel cutout. Just need a way to get it there. Maybe I could have it ready and Frito could take it back  >:D

wyotonka said:
I can't make it to the Nationals this year, if anyone is driving through close I would like to donate a steel cutout. Just need a way to get it there. Maybe I could have it ready and Frito could take it back  >:D

If you can get it there, we would be happy to raffle it!  :love: (y) Hmmmmm, donation train?  >:D

I have not had time to take pictures of what I have already received, but I can tell you that we already have several NICE, raffle items.

We also have a few big ticket items in the works for this year. You really won't want to miss this charity raffle! (y)

Is there any items that would not be accepted ....... I have nothing nasty. I collect vintage archery and sporting good items, can't make it to NC but the postman does.

shep262 said:
Is there any items that would not be accepted ....... I have nothing nasty. I collect vintage archery and sporting good items, can't make it to NC but the postman does.

I don't see why we wouldn't accept any items. If you'd like to PM me with what you had in mind, feel free. Or just post here, that is your choice!

It's that time of year for liquidations. I'm going to a a sale Friday that according to the word on the street has a bunch of  "lots" containing automotive stuff. If we pick one or more up, I'm sure there will be something in there that can be donated.
Also, Ian, I'm going to text u my e-mail address, can you please send me the flyer for distribution, thanks.

Calicak89 said:
It's that time of year for liquidations. I'm going to a a sale Friday that according to the word on the street has a bunch of  "lots" containing automotive stuff. If we pick one or more up, I'm sure there will be something in there that can be donated.
Also, Ian, I'm going to text u my e-mail address, can you please send me the flyer for distribution, thanks.

Tom,

Flyer sent!

There were many big boxes on my porch when I got home today. One major contributor came though and delivered some goodies today.

I promise, I will try to start getting pictures uploaded this weekend, since I have Saturday and Sunday off.

Scored a big ol' box of detailing and finishing stuff at auction on Friday.
I'm going to be donating a DUB (meguiar's) wash/wax/detail "kit" I put together.(There were 13 assorted bottles of this stuff and I doubt I'll ever use all of it, so some other AV owner can benefit from it) I haven't used any of this stuff yet, but it's made by Meguiar's, so I'm guessing it's pretty decent, I did some quick internet research while at the auction and it appears Mequiar's branded some products under the DUB brand to appeal to a more youthful demographic and the "tuner" scene. Apparently Meguiar's products have a reputation as being for old guys with classic cars, not kids/young adults with sport performance vehicles.
I don't care what the bottle looks like as long as it works. I'm sure somebody would like to have it.
The "kit" will contain the following:
48oz Car Wash
16oz Liquid Wax (this must be quality stuff, it has a GMT 900 vehicle on the label)
24oz Detailer spray
16oz interior Clean & Shine
5oz  Metal Polish

Attachments

• Donation Detail.JPG
    Donation Detail.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 130
4x4dreamer said:
Tom,

Flyer sent!

There were many big boxes on my porch when I got home today. One major contributor came though and delivered some goodies today.

I promise, I will try to start getting pictures uploaded this weekend, since I have Saturday and Sunday off.

I am curious how you are having success getting donations from companies?  I have been trying on my end and have had no luck as of yet....  :(

Calicak89 said:
Scored a big ol' box of detailing and finishing stuff at auction on Friday.
I'm going to be donating a DUB (meguiar's) wash/wax/detail "kit" I put together.(There were 13 assorted bottles of this stuff and I doubt I'll ever use all of it, so some other AV owner can benefit from it) I haven't used any of this stuff yet, but it's made by Meguiar's, so I'm guessing it's pretty decent, I did some quick internet research while at the auction and it appears Mequiar's branded some products under the DUB brand to appeal to a more youthful demographic and the "tuner" scene. Apparently Meguiar's products have a reputation as being for old guys with classic cars, not kids/young adults with sport performance vehicles.
I don't care what the bottle looks like as long as it works. I'm sure somebody would like to have it.
The "kit" will contain the following:
48oz Car Wash
16oz Liquid Wax (this must be quality stuff, it has a GMT 900 vehicle on the label)
24oz Detailer spray
16oz interior Clean & Shine
5oz  Metal Polish

Way to go Tom! Thanks a million!!!

ARMYtango said:
I am curious how you are having success getting donations from companies?  I have been trying on my end and have had no luck as of yet....  :(

Essentially: I just ask. I send an email and either include a copy of the donation letter, or tell them I will include it should I be given an email.

I have some contacts I have gained from last year, as well as a couple new ones. There isn't a huge success rate, but of the 30 companies or so I have emailed and asked, about half have responded with donations.

4x4dreamer said:
Essentially: I just ask. I send an email and either include a copy of the donation letter, or tell them I will include it should I be given an email.

I have some contacts I have gained from last year, as well as a couple new ones. There isn't a huge success rate, but of the 30 companies or so I have emailed and asked, about half have responded with donations.
Not saying its a must, but some events like this send a printed 8.5x11 thank you for supporting CAFCNA (and chosen charity)

wyotonka said:

I don't think FRITO is going to the GTG, but if he can get it to Cincinnati I will bring it down.

Ken L.

Ken L. said:
I don't think FRITO is going to the GTG, but if he can get it to Cincinnati I will bring it down.

Ken L.
I missed that boat yesterday, wasn't ready for him to be here lol. I'll see what I can do and keep it easy to ship.  (y)

Unfortunately I can't make it to Nats but I would like to donate some items. Prefer not to ship. And willing to travel a little if someone wants to get them. Located in Virginia. Item are cladded avy running boards (no bolts but all brackets). Cladded brush guard. And midgate sub box that goes where your window would win out.

brokenoak said:
Unfortunately I can't make it to Nats but I would like to donate some items. Prefer not to ship. And willing to travel a little if someone wants to get them. Located in Virginia. Item are cladded avy running boards (no bolts but all brackets). Cladded brush guard. And midgate sub box that goes where your window would win out.

That is mighty generous of you, brokenoak...thank you!

Brokenoak,

Where are you in VA. It would be AWESOME if you donated those items, but I am not sure who would bring them. I will be coming through VA, but I don't think I will have room to spare with the rest of the stuff I am bringing.  :(

Where in VA are you at? I know I will have room under my AV on my trailer

Yes. How far you going down 95. I can meet you at walmart in colonial heights witch is right off 95.

Back