• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Rear windows

willschevy

Hi all, the rear windows on my 06 Avalanche won't go up or down either using master switch or individually. Does anyone know if I should just replace the master switch or what exactly is going on? Thanks for any help with this!

Check your fuses and relays before you go any further, you can swap relays with one another to single that out.

Didit

Thanks very much, I'll check them. Question though, since the front works good, would it necessarily be a fuse? Thanks

Put in your sig your year of Avy and any mods makes it easier to help.
Do you know where all the different places to check for fuses and relays? When you pull the cover you will see on the back each fuse and relay control different components and if you have an owner?s manual or shop manual it will show them. Do you have a multimeter or 12 volt test light? If your fuse and relays check OK start at the door switch. Check for power at the door and work your way back. You Tube is your best friend.
Check here for some help and post more questions if needed and let us know what you find.  http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/board,221.0.html.

Thank you so much for help. I did have a real good Fluke multimeter, but doesn't work anymore. I did find fuse box,they seem ok. I am a novice @ these situations, but I will check Youtube and I appreciate all your help!

Back