• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Photo Competition #69 Entry Thread! - Your Avalanche's Pride In Your Country

GR1MR3APER

Congratulations wyotonka on the winning pic     (y)

Well, as it seems most have had similar issues the past while, logging in and staying logged in has been a challenge as of late. Hopefully all issues have been resolved with the site and we can get a long over due photo comp underway.

"Your Avalanche's Pride In Your Country"

Let's see those Avys with their Stars and Stripes! Or, however you and your Avy show your pride in your country, snap a pic and show it off. Of course, for our members around the globe, jump in and show us your pride in your country as well! Good luck to all... Deadline will be July 4th, 2016 November 30th, 2016

Rules and guidelines:
-The photo must be of your own truck (real full-size Avalanches).  If the picture submitted is not of your own vehicle, it will not be included in voting.  And if need be, the photo will be deleted from the entry thread by a moderator. It is known that some members may own more than one Avalanche.
- Use your own picture (not pictures from outside sources)
- Photo Shopping pictures or extreme editing is not allowed.
- Stay within the competition's parameters (for example, if the rules are "Your Avalanche and Snow," only post a picture that has
  both your Avalanche and snow in it).  Photos that do not comply with the topic will not be included in voting.
- Pictures should show off not only your truck, but also you photography skills. Be creative with your shots.
- One entry per member.  Let us know which your entry is by typing "This is my entry:" above your picture.  You can change your
 entry during the time of the competition but once time runs out you cannot change your entry or submit a photo. Once the
 deadline comes, THERE WILL BE NO MORE EDITING!
- The contest lasts for the month, depending on the number of entries (competition will run longer if less entries are submitted, and
  vice versa).
- After time is up, a new thread will be started for voting. The voting thread may be a "blind" poll, which means the results will be
  revealed after the end of the voting time line.  Forum members will vote on a winner.  The member that wins the first competition
  will come up with the theme/topic for the next competition.
- Once a photo wins a contest that photo will be added to the winners circle and the "retired" and can not be used again unless for
 a specific contest.
- Have fun!  Keep your comments constructive.

Deadline: July 4th, 2016 November 30th, 2016

Kinda looks that way. When I first saw the title I was trying to think if I had a pic I could use, then I read your response.

I think a lot has to do with folks not being able to log in.

Many have given up on the site....

Very sad

4x4dreamer said:
I think a lot has to do with folks not being able to log in.

Many have given up on the site....

Very sad
Sad indeed.  I know a lot of folks have moved on to the FB site but I very rarely get on FB.  I may just have to get a picture worth submitting.  It might be my one and only chance to win one.  >:D

Start a new thread..i will submit,now when i can get into this site.

Attachments

• Avalanche midnight sun brattland 2.jpg
    Avalanche midnight sun brattland 2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 241
frito said:
Sad indeed.  I know a lot of folks have moved on to the FB site but I very rarely get on FB.  I may just have to get a picture worth submitting.  It might be my one and only chance to win one.   >:D
I'm going to try and start directing some of that FB traffic this way, hopefully they are fixing login errors

Texas... A whole other country!

Attachments

• avalanche.jpg
    avalanche.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 237
  • avalanche.jpg
    avalanche.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 236
GR1MR3APER said:
So is it safe to assume this thread and competitions are officially dead?  :cry:

:nopics:

I'm all about the photo contests, I just didn't have any to submit and was crazy busy at the time.
wyotonka said:
I'm going to try and start directing some of that FB traffic this way, hopefully they are fixing login errors

FB sucks compared to this site. Part of the issue is we have been blacklisted by ProtecetedSky for some reason, one of the major DNS servers used by Verizon, so Verizon customers are the main ones having issues, it's not so much an issue w/ the site as it is their service provider's DNS.
You can change your DNS server though,  you can manually enter an alternative DNS server to attempt to connect to instead of the service providers default.
You can do so by , opening your network connection, going to Properties in the Networking tab, clicking on the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) entry. Click it to select it and then click the Properties button.
Click the Use the following DNS server addresses button and enter 208.67.222.222 into the DNS server box, then enter 208.67.220.220 into the Alternate DNS server box. These are OpenDNS's servers and will eliminate the blacklist problem being created by ProtectedSky. for the time being we are not on any of the SORBS, SpamCop, OSpam, or LMS blacklists, which service the other major carriers. if we somehow end up on any of the SORBS of LMS lists, we can kiss the site goodbye. what's crazy is the MODS do a great job keeping this place spam free and somehow ProtectedSky has listed us as a spam source.

At multiple request, the competition has finally been opened back up  (y)

We'll run through the end of the month and at the point, depending on amount of submissions, make a decision on voting or extending the date.

DEADLINE November 30th, 2016

Dont forget to label your submission with "This is my entry"

Can you use a collage or does it have to be a single pic?

Photo_2016-07-04_05-57-05_AM.png

P.S. Sorry I have been gone so long... New job, no laptop, so I have been logging on with only my phone.
This is quite hard to post from my cell phone.

DouglasOak said:
Can you use a collage or does it have to be a single pic?

P.S. Sorry I have been gone so long... New job, no laptop, so I have been logging on with only my phone.
This is quite hard to post from my cell phone.

Thought you were from Canada?

MS03 2500 said:
He is a adopted Michigander

I'm actually a MichiGoose...
A MichiGander is female!

Windsor, Ontario, is a border town with Detroit. I am lucky and get to celebrate both the American and Canadian holidays and enjoy the best that both countries have to offer.

But back to the original question...
Is a collage acceptable?

GR1MR3APER said:
At multiple request, the competition has finally been opened back up  (y)

We'll run through the end of the month and at the point, depending on amount of submissions, make a decision on voting or extending the date.

DEADLINE November 30th, 2016

Dont forget to label your submission with "This is my entry"

Woot! Will be taking mine and posting it hopefully tonight. Depends on the storage on my phone.

Didn't want to be conspicuous and have people think I was up to no good, but what is more patriotic than taking Bumblebee to vote.  Here's my shot just prior to casting my ballot.

mPVw9EakLSwRgO9voZvsnjBZZSmIgFfT5T5cxGTFEFZYQ8enyDUFCEeRgkcuv5jGcwx7T4h2QUnZgaqtAsDdL-XtPS4CL_X6yUYoLOfV_6KpPtxcDKIxrtzrh_r5v-6mKkavJAxiDGGR_FnkG49Mvil6z0QoBGPrqb0ElTjSiv5ZJZID7IWVdhROrqrNFUlQphM5h1hUt64q4VVIdZg_EZHgCflw8FudQ0Q4z9T-uXpXf5pc6uTmmJ5oEyccvWXlrIqN5ucNtTY0IX0z7RW3gfc72CUegq72Ljb0VC2Ea_pOJCui7jzO6TumaS9sxCA5AtZ84KVwxNvY0HZwXh0zOdQqNTdI80_qKD7YXcVFMgj9UmTG687U2T5Kf9DJCDZ91XlcFU2l9m1TT3c0Ap6xDtR9TwE3NKtjtP1ssIsoZsO-yA3qcMEGRkcOtZppoBsU91L6PtJtwt90CXRwBXTqIuOLEbwxLwpYTUKZNKEzzJe5Ei7dqFAJwpOgXPVsNzdE8hsErqBTsPJ-8k6mzmIskSy_6YBP98RuNJQ6vA-_o1s6HMiwUzE9yJngwJ2Zjk9m2rfr59sVzw4xgzRwm6WFI7HBCsxcv2RU5Vov8UBtW-3D2gFv0TLtESzC3l094-0Pu2bjFFFJybvqVLF44KLz-ImNsrBNs2G0J6ttztamzA=w1280-h721-no

Back