• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Can we get a little Oregon action in here?

PromptCritical

Spent Memorial Day weekend camping at Timothy lake

94cbQLu.jpg

Then spent Monday cruising around the area checking out the sites.  This is at High Rock nearby where you can see every Cascade mountain from Rainier to Three Fingered Jack.  Elevation is about 5k feet.

l0txlQE.jpg

As soon a one of you steps up and becomes a CC. That's for posting the pics. I look at Mt. Rainier every day that it's not cloudy. It's one of the major reasons I live in the PNW.

We have actually been researching relocating to Oregon, with the donwturn in the WY economy I think it's best for us to abandon ship while still possible. We did some looking and decided to start applying/looking for housing in the Bend area and hopefully something comes up soon.  :wave:

wyotonka said:
We have actually been researching relocating to Oregon, with the donwturn in the WY economy I think it's best for us to abandon ship while still possible. We did some looking and decided to start applying/looking for housing in the Bend area and hopefully something comes up soon.  :wave:

Bend is nice.  I've considered living there.  Nice dry climate compared to the Willamette Valley (Accent on the A as in amber, not the "mett", BTW).  I'd love to see the Tonka, adn it will fit in here nicely.  Avalanches everywhere here.

I'd be open to the CC position, but I'm busy as heck.

PromptCritical said:
Bend is nice.  I've considered living there.  Nice dry climate compared to the Willamette Valley (Accent on the A as in amber, not the "mett", BTW).  I'd love to see the Tonka, adn it will fit in here nicely.  Avalanches everywhere here.

I'd be open to the CC position, but I'm busy as heck.
I would hate to move to an area and take over as CC in an area I don't know. I do think that if there were members close I could host meets, Wyoming just doesn't have the activity and I have tried tagging.

Let us know when your settled I would be up for some Avy time. When mine gets out of shop jail.
JV

Looks like Oregon might finally have a CC.   :D :D :D

I'll go south of the border for that.  :abuelito:

You know the PNW area has withstood the US flat economy (especially Washington). My company has had record sales and growth the past two years.  You should do well here.

Thanks guys, got a place secured, staying in Missoula mt Friday night and will be moving in to an apartment in Hillsboro.  (y) and the best part is there is a disc course almost literally in the back yard  :love:

wyotonka said:
Thanks guys, got a place secured, staying in Missoula mt Friday night and will be moving in to an apartment in Hillsboro.  (y) and the best part is there is a disc course almost literally in the back yard  :love:
Man, you are that close.  If you can take a extra day or two, you need to head up route 93 and camp in Glacier.  We camped in Fish Creek campground.  They even have Avalanche campground, though it hadn't opened when we got there.

I spotted ambers this morning! I was walking by the apartment building because we locked ourselves out  :laugh:it was dark blue with chrome front fender trim. I waved and he waved back  :B:

Back