• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Woodward Dream Cruise 2016 August 17-20

MS03 2500

PM 2017
PM 2015
SM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
A member PM'ed me if I was going, I never miss it. It's not a one day event it's a all week long event. There is plenty of things to do.

So I'm putting it out there, if you want to see 30 miles of car shows this is where you want  to be.

Yeah with the Dodge people doing what they plan it should be a fun event. I heard they plan also to have a Hemi Shootout at Milan dragway but not sure when it is.

I still can't believe they want to shut down Woodward Ave. for 1/8 mile runs.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/woodward-dream-cruise/2016/05/17/roadkill-nights/84487472/

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/general-news/20160523/drag-racing-could-be-coming-to-woodward-avenue-in-pontiac-dream-cruise-weekend

Well they somehow got the approval to shut down part of Woodward Ave for street racing.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/woodward-dream-cruise/2016/06/23/roadkill-nights/86288888/

I told you that was what one of the Dodge reps told me at the Indy Mecum auction.  :beating:

I still can't believe that they are allowing them to close off Woodward, they must have paid a pretty penny to Pontiac and Oakland County.

The Corvette Club has offered to us to attend the GM Heritage Center on Wednesday Aug 17, but you have to be there by 10 AM. I'll work with them maybe we can do Chase vehicles Strobes, Train horns and Whelen Speakers are a good thing. LOL

Opps I forgot Flags. Karl ???

The bad thing is since it's all week by the time the cruise comes along (Saturday) I'm pooped out so I just find tree to sit under and watch the cars go by. . I always took the week off work just so I could make the events.

We may change or even cancel plans but I just reserved a room at the Embassy Suites in Southfield arriving on the 16th and checking out on the 19th.

Got a better rate at the Quality Inn and Suites in Warren so now looks like that's where we'll be staying.

That one might me a  little better.

It's in a congested area pretty much the only easy way out it 12 mile road.

But everything you could want is within a mile, but traffic (n)

And you will be here during the week also which make it worst.

traffic_zpsipgetyyu.gif

OK - thanks for the local knowledge!  (y)

Looks like the Quality Inn and Suites at half the price is the keeper!

enoniam said:
OK - thanks for the local knowledge!  (y)

Looks like the Quality Inn and Suites at half the price is the keeper!

I sent you a PM.

I sent enoniam a pm with this info so for anyone thinking about coming up this year

Thanks to El Nino, one thing I should tell you up here it's been extremely hot and humid, right now it's 92 with a feels like temp of 102. A good breathable hat and comfortable walking shoes are in order. It's been that way all summer

Can someone help I'm trying to find enoniam red corvette.  LOL

0817161406_zpszcpa5mzk.jpg

0817161406a_zpsfyymyawt.jpg

0817161406b_zpshnkjfv2m.jpg

First time I ever saw this a 1 wheeled motorcycle.

0817162001_zpsdaqdc6lm.jpg

I saw this today. Sure glad I kept my AV

Coraahdo_zpsbwhsqe2f.jpg

MS03 2500 said:
First time I ever saw this a 1 wheeled motorcycle.

0817162001_zpsdaqdc6lm.jpg

They call them there things UneeCycles around here. That one just happens ta have one of them fancy motors on it.  :2: :laugh:

Back