• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Blower motor resistor part #ng the correct part

notacos4u

Alkut, Iraq FOB DELTA The Fob of Choice, Who'
I have a 2006 Z71/LT Avalanche with vents in the center console for the rear. My blower fan stays on all the time and I just pull the fuse so it doesn't kill the battery. I want to get it fixed, but I am having issues finding the correct part # for the resistor. I am hoping someone can provide it to me if at all possible. I know there is one version with the pigtail and one with out, I'd like both if anyone knows it. Thanks in advance

I doubt that your problem is due to a bad blower motor resistor.

I'm more toward the resistor, it has full time 12 volt power. A short in the ground part of the resistor will cause that. Best bet is to pull it out and take it to the part store and match it.

The easiest way to tell is to pull it out and look at circuit board.

MS03 2500 said:
I'm more toward the resistor, it has full time 12 volt power. A short in the ground part of the resistor will cause that. Best bet is to pull it out and take it to the part store and match it.

The easiest way to tell is to pull it out and look at circuit board.

Ok, bought a new resistor, it has fulltime 12v power like was stated. After replacing it, it's doing the same thing. hook everything up according how Dorman says... blower doesn't come on at all. Hooked a ground wire directly to the blower motor and the blower came right on, only thing, once again, it wouldn't shut off. Could the ground resistor be bad in the new one? We tested the ground that goes to the blower motor from the resistor and it didn't appear it was actually working. Any and all once again would greatly be appreciated. Here is the part # I got directly from DORMAN- 973-508

Why did you buy the DORMAN- 973-508 universal kit, was the wiring burnt.

because I couldn't find a factory replacement, even after calling the dealers in the area. They said I would still have to replace the wiring connectors because they came out with a new style. So I figured that this one might be an upgrade over what GM was putting out, but atleast for me, it doesn't appear so.

I am not sure of what the wiring instruction are, but the only things left to change are the switch and the fan itself.

Does the circuit have a relay? Maybe its stuck closed ???

Here is the wiring diagram DORMAN provided me. It seems pretty straight forward. I think I might just have to put the volt meter on it and see what the voltage is coming out of PWM....  I think if I am getting varying voltage from there as I turn up the fan, then I think the new resistor might be messed up. I did end up ordering part # ACDelco 15-81773 based off of what the chevy dealership said the part # is. My vin is 3gnek12z66g111665.

Attachments

• 973-508 wiring DIAGRAM FOR BLOWER MOTOR RESISTOR.jpg
    973-508 wiring DIAGRAM FOR BLOWER MOTOR RESISTOR.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 26
Back