• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

I have no trailer light connector

blazzinbird

Just as t says someone cut it off. I have 7 wires under the truck the have been cut off.
I need to fix it this week as we are getting a new boat this week.
Is there a wiring diagram to use to attach a 4 prong plug.

Btw the hitch is gone as well.

This all happened before I bought the truck and I didn't notice it till a few months ago.

Please help desperate.  :help: :help: :help:

Quick fix for your wiring is to get a trailer plug t-adapter from an auto or trailer supply store I believe DrawTite makes this one that just plugs into existing taillight wiring harness :

Attachments

• 18384.jpg
    18384.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 44
You say 2004?

Did you get a new hitch? You can find the suggested aftermarket hitch around here somewhere. Get one for a 1500 surburban and you shoudl be good to go... If you have a cladded av then you may have to trim the cladding around the hitch to get it to fit right.

See attached photo for your wire diagram.. You will need to wire a new receptical. I would suggest mounting it on the left side of your license plate. Yes this means you have to drill a hole... I suggest you get one that will do both 7 pin or 4 pin trailers and go that route. Since your wires are cut you need to go to a trailer shop or look online to find a compatible one for your usage.

If you mount your receptical there it won't get knocked off like mounting it where it was factory mounted would.

Rodney

Attachments

• Trailer Plug.PNG
    Trailer Plug.PNG
    22.8 KB · Views: 44
redheadedrod said:
You say 2004?

Did you get a new hitch? You can find the suggested aftermarket hitch around here somewhere. Get one for a 1500 surburban and you shoudl be good to go... If you have a cladded av then you may have to trim the cladding around the hitch to get it to fit right.

See attached photo for your wire diagram.. You will need to wire a new receptical. I would suggest mounting it on the left side of your license plate. Yes this means you have to drill a hole... I suggest you get one that will do both 7 pin or 4 pin trailers and go that route. Since your wires are cut you need to go to a trailer shop or look online to find a compatible one for your usage.

If you mount your receptical there it won't get knocked off like mounting it where it was factory mounted would.

Rodney

Ok so one question, what color wire is for the running lights?

Back