• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

tailgate top trim

FlaAv

Wondering if anyone has replaced broken clips holding the top rail of the tail trim?

I was sliding something off the tail gate and it pulled the trim - and eventually broke the clip - now one end of the trim is loose.

I am not sure how to remove the trim without breaking the rest of the clips - and I have come across about 5 different types of clips when I try to locate replacements.

Anyone deal with this??

Thanks!

As far as I know the only way to deal with the  clips properly is to take the whole strip off and start over, that is if you can find the clips,. I would suggest double sided 3m tape, and be done with it.

Didit

Thanks Guy

I guess I'll order the clips and remove and replace them.

Id there a trick or tool to remove the clips without breaking them - or is that GM's madness - break 'em and replace 'em??

I don't know of any tool to use to take them off. I just bought a box of clips and replaced all of them, broken or not. The top edge is held on with 3m double sided tape.

Back