• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Running Board fitment

Weezul

I have a 2005 Avalanche without the body cladding. The local LKQ has a 2002 with body cladding and running boards. Mine has chrome nerf bars that I'm not a big fan of. Will the running boards from the 2002 fit on my 2005?

I don't remember anyone putting cladded running boards on a WBH model. I can imagine it could be done with some modification to the mounting brackets or mounting holes. Other area of concern would be the fit from boards to body since it was formed with cladding in mind. You may have weird gaps to deal with.
You might want to consider getting your bars powder-coated to change the look to your liking, others have just removed bars for a naked look. Another option would be to find something you like in the aftermarket made specifically for a WBH AV. AMP Research even makes a set of electric retractable running boards.

That's what I figured but thought I'd ask. I haven't looked to see how the cladding style boards mount.

id be safe and grab running boards/nerf bars designed for a silverado/sierra/suburban/yukon xl/avalanche wbh

PerfectReign said:
id be safe and grab running boards/nerf bars designed for a silverado/sierra/suburban/yukon xl/avalanche wbh
I've got an '06 with worn out Nerf bars. DO you know if which ones may work? Suburban...Silverado...

Yes, any GMT-800 (?) will fit - Silverado, Sierra, Suburban, YukonXL, Avalanche - from 2002-2006.

Back