• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Front end Mods

Wow that could be an endless list of mods........many of them are probably in the exterior mods section.
Anything from new hoods, different headlights, bull bars or brush guards with extra lights, painted bowties, grille inserts, LED lights etc.
It's all a matter of imagination and budget, good luck with your mods.....

Attachments

• IMG_0043 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0043 (Small).JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 288
As mentioned the mods are endless.  I have LED's for my DRL's, signals, HID's for my low beam and fog lights, a polished stainless bull bar and painted bow ties and fender flares, bug deflector, lol.  The type and amount of mods is simply limited to your budget.

Just wanted to see some pictures of late model Avalanches... I'm thinking about some headlight and lighting Mods - LOVE the grille guard Vaeagleav!

Not a late model, but I painted the bowtie black on my 2002 and added a 32" 180w light bar behind my grill  >:D

20160501_170753_zps2q0uqgkh.jpg

20160501_170827_zpsoyj6lp39.jpg

Here is as close to a front end shot as I currently have.  It doesn't show the LED's or headlight / fog HID's, but you can see the bull bar, painted bow tie and grill inserts.

Nice!!! Man I'd love to have fender flares like that but no can do with the cladding... at least not easily. I just don't feel like trying to modify flares to work with cladding and look right... Good lucking truck though man!!

Thanks, it's a work in progress lol.  The paint has taken a beating this last year or so just with the age and all the salt they use here on the roads during our 7-8 months of winter.  I am thinking about possibly getting the rust on the door bottoms and rear quarters repaired and then having the bottom 1/3 or so sprayed with Line-X or even spraying a bed liner coating on it myself after getting the rust professionally repaired.  The advantage with going with something like Line-X is that it can be colored and not just black, the last thing I really want is for the coating to fade, possibly one option is to clear coat it after?  Not too sure on that one, there may be a curing time that may be needed.

HeavyD1977 said:
Not a late model, but I painted the bowtie black on my 2002 and added a 32" 180w light bar behind my grill  >:D

20160501_170753_zps2q0uqgkh.jpg

20160501_170827_zpsoyj6lp39.jpg

I just ordered a 32 inch after seeing your post, any chance you took install pics?

I'm almost done with the front end mods... LED fog lights are in, just waiting on my personalized plates.

Setina PB-450 Push Bumper
Powder coated aluminium bow tie
180W LED light bar behind grill
HIDs + LED conversion to head lights
Replaced fog lights with amber LED turn signals

tJeAjoT.jpg

So far I've replaced the full chrome grille with a black OEM one that retains only the chrome around the border (I guess it's a "downgrade" but I dislike excessive chrome), a Weathertech bug deflector that doesn't seem to deflect anything, and installed black bowties.  I'm still on the fence about plastidipping the silver center section.  I'd like to find some nice but not gaudy headlights, and perhaps an Aries grill guard until I decide to replace the entire bumper with a real deer smasher.

Before:
Axavoq7.jpg

After:
sZhvBox.jpg

I like the Aries guard becaue it's the only one I've found that fits nice and close and allows you to retain the tow hooks.  
(Not sure how I feel about the headlights.  I think it's the LED DRL "smile" thing and too much chrome)
3qexoYw.jpg

moron958's plastidip bumper (you gotta touchup the rock chips occasionally):
16744607969_3fdd01da7c_h.jpg

Black grill
Black bow tie
Egr matte black bug deflector
Chrome tow hooks
HID headlights with the retrofit source .com projectors
All led bulbs with switchbacks

Back