• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2007 Dual control climate

whtelightn

Back in 2014 I had the problem where the right side will blow heat and driver side cold.  I kept doing the raising the temp on side and  lower the temp on the side and turn off the truck.  Then did back to regular temp and turn it off and then turn the truck on.  It would work at times and it times will not.  Did get it fix back in 2014 and replace the temp mode actuator and this was back in May 2014
This cost about $500 or so

Well 2 years later, the same thing happened again and tried the same thing but when it is hot here in Georgia can feel the heat coming out of the passenger side even with the vent off.  Tried the same thing with up and down to see if it would catch it but again it was temp fix.
Went to the dealership and told them after 2 years this should not have gone out.  Well they wanted over $1000 to replace 2 actuator door and now the new thing, there is a software that they have to download to prevent the door opening up too far and to prevent it short circuit.  I talked them down to about $800 and they stated this should fix it with the software.  I only have 103,000 miles on it and have it for 9 years.    I was not happy to spend that kind of money after 2 years.

When my 2004 EXT does this, I turn all of the a/c controls to OFF, then disconnect the battery for a few minutes.

Then I reconnect the battery, start the truck and move the a/c controls through all of the settings.

This is a relearn procedure that has been discussed here on this forum many times over the years.

It is always a good idea to turn your a/c controls all to off before you ever disconnect your battery.

Otherwise, the a/c system gets confused and things like you describe are often the result.

If this just happens to fix your issue, then great, because you just saved a big old pile of dough!

If it doesn't, no harm done.

(y)

Back