• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

iSimple Gateway; A2DP bluetooth streaming audio kit

Hound

SM 2006
SM 2005
My 2013 has bluetooth phone but not bluetooth audio.  I have to use an Aux cord and I am always having connection and fit problems with it.

Rather than replace the entire head unit, I found this kit on eBay and wonder whether anyone has ever installed it or has seen it in operation.  If so, I would love to get some feedback before I buy in and do the work.

Here it is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-streaming-music-kit-3-5mm-aux-audio-input-for-2006-GM-radio-/371530180609?fits=Make%3AChevrolet%7CModel%3AAvalanche&hash=item5680eca801:g:pjkAAOSw5dNWlDgw&vxp=mtr

Do you have a Navigation headunit in your AV

MS03 2500 said:
Do you have a Navigation headunit in your AV

No.  If I had the NAV then I would probably have bluetooth audio with it.

That should work for you.

So I ordered and installed the item in the original post this weekend.  Pretty simple install.  Works great.  Happy to recommend it for those that want to stream the music from their phone.

Glad you like it.

BTW the factory Nav can not stream music over bluetooth.

MS03 2500 said:
BTW the factory Nav can not stream music over bluetooth.

I know there was some kind of a conflict with this system and factory NAV.  It was mentioned by the seller in the narrative.  I didn't have the NAV so I wasn't concerned.  I did BELIEVE that factory NAV came with A2DP so thanks for the clarification.

Nope Bluetooth is part of the OnStar not the NAV with voice only

Hound said:
So I ordered and installed the item in the original post this weekend.  Pretty simple install.  Works great.  Happy to recommend it for those that want to stream the music from their phone.

UPDATE:  This sucks.   :E: :E: :E:After several months of use the HU gets confused between the iSimple interface and the regular AUX mode.  It jumps back and forth randomly, sometimes every second or so.  The only method I have found to "fix" it is to disconnect the neg battery cable for a few minutes.  But that only works for a day or two and then the problem is back.

Is there a plug and play factory HU that I can buy that will give me the A2DP? :E:

EDIT:  the problem may actually be the 3.5mm aux input on the face of the unit.  I didn't see any threads here but there are many on other forums.  Google "chevy radio switches automatically"

Back