• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

02 Rear Window Breaking

nfhjr

Charter Member
SM 2003
Went to get into my 02 Friday Morning closed door and Back window blows out most likely from HEAT Fracture, this happen to anyone else.

First I have heard of that.

This weekend was not a good one for rear windows. Mine blew up while I was trying to fix the broken connection for the rear defroster.

Ordered a new one off Ebay.

After my window broke out went to the chevy dealer and ordered new window, called my insurance co. today and asked the question IF my window was covered for replacement GUESS WHAT is covered and i have $100 deductible on glass, so now getting $800 Dollar check comming. 

nfhjr said:
After my window broke out went to the chevy dealer and ordered new window, called my insurance co. today and asked the question IF my window was covered for replacement GUESS WHAT is covered and i have $100 deductible on glass, so now getting $800 Dollar check comming.  

Now, that is one expensive back window glass!

:eek:

Egads! I'm glad I didn't have that problem this weekend.

I know it is hard to see. I was trying to get a pic when it was 111 on the avalanche themomoter. It dropped quickly to 110 and then 109.

Attachments

• WP_20160619_13_16_30_Rich.jpg
    WP_20160619_13_16_30_Rich.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 40
Back