• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Experiences with getting bed floor spray-lined?

igotzzoom

SM 2017
SM 2016
Hi all. I noticed some of you mentioned you had your bed floors spray-lined. I'm thinking of having it done as well. My question is if the appliers were meticulous enough not to spray over the drain holes and the midgate flap hinge. Also, did you keep the plastic grate at the front of the bed on or off when you had it sprayed? Any positive or negative experiences or things to look for would be appreciated. Thanks.

Remember this all these parts you mention are critical to proper "Water Management"...

I would leave it as is with rubber mat on top... and clean it once a year or so...

Unless you have a rust issue you could also look at something like a BedRug to dress up the bed of the AV....It also drains and you can hose out the bed with rug in place. It will not rot and is resistant to gas and oil etc. It also adds some padding to make it more comfortable to sleep in the bed camping or to quiet loads from ratting and banging around.

My bed mat is in pretty good shape, and I gave it a good spritz at the coin wash the other night. Also pressure-washed the bed floor to loosen up some of the dirt & grime. Spray-lining is more of a want than a need. Thanks for the feedback.

Back