• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Front seat back pockets came loose

gmantwo

Anyone have a fix for the front seatback pockets? Mine have both pulled loose from the plastic back. Upholstery guy didn't seem to want to mess with fixing them. Anyone done that?

2007 Z71 LT T3

Can't say that I've had that problem but I never store anything nor have others pulling on them. Would love to see a photo of the damage. I guess you could always replace them? The back panels cost about $70 a pop though  :rolleyes:

ca2kjet said:
Can't say that I've had that problem but I never store anything nor have others pulling on them. Would love to see a photo of the damage. I guess you could always replace them? The back panels cost about $70 a pop though  :rolleyes:

Or remove the Seat Back Tops and have them restitched/repaired.  ???

I changed out my 2003 Cloth Seats with GM Factory leather take offs and the seat backs did not require very much time or trouble to remove the cloth reinstall leather if that is what you have?

I've removed mine a few times but can't remember how the material is attached. I would say take them off and take a look. They're real easy if you haven't yet. Here's a photo to help...

s-l500.jpg

There's four tabs on the sides that have to be pushed in and popped out, two slide in hooks on the top and bottom. I always found it easiest to remove the bottom two side tabs, then the next ones up, then pop out the top and then finally lift out the bottom. It can be a little finicky.

Leather seats. Originally, the pocket is folded behind, and stapled to, the hard plastic back. It only pulled loose from one side. There is an elastic band that runs from side to side behind the back

image89.jpeg

Crazy thought... what about using construction adhesive to reattach one side, let dry and then pull taught, glue other side and tape in place until dry?

Back