• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2007 avalanche lt reese hitch

kaotikvet82

Just purchased a 2007 chevy avalanche lt. It didnt come with a reese hitch on the back but does have the trailer adapter under the vehicle to add one. Does anyone know where i can purchase a class 4 or 5 reese hitch for this year avalanche. All im finding is a class 3 on gmpartsdirect.com. what other year avalanches will fit mine for the reese hitch or other vehicles.

You should really look at the Draw Tite 41930 hitch it's a class 4

kaotikvet82 said:
Just purchased a 2007 chevy avalanche lt. It didnt come with a reese hitch on the back but does have the trailer adapter under the vehicle to add one. Does anyone know where i can purchase a class 4 or 5 reese hitch for this year avalanche. All im finding is a class 3 on gmpartsdirect.com. what other year avalanches will fit mine for the reese hitch or other vehicles.

Wait.  Are you saying you're looking for the ball mount and ball (hitch) or the receiver?  As far as I know a 2" receiver is standard equipment on all Avalanches.  It's basically a Class 3. You can use any class ball mount that will fit in it, but your trailer is limited by whichever component is lowest class (Tongue weight and trailer weight).

hitchpkg.gif

If you need a receiver for some reason, MS03 is correct.  If you need a ball/mount, then you can get them at walmart or any auto parts or trailer place.  Uhaul sells them too.

If you are missing the factory receiver, I'm sure a few people on here that have upgraded to the DrawTite still have them around.  I'm planning on upgrading mine.

Yes i need the reciever itself but dont want a class 3 or factory reciever. Is the part numbers listed for a class 4 or 5. Also where can i find these items at to purchase one like a website.

Just checked ebay to get a rough estimate on prices on the draw tite 41930. It states it fits up to a 2006 suburban. Am i able to use this for my 2007 avalanche. I mean same frame and everything. Found one saying its a classV. Do i need to do any drilling for the bolt holes, or will it bolt straight up to the factory holes on my 2007 avalanche. Thanks for all the help

Yes you will have to drill extra holes, but with its 4 mounting points it will stiffen the frame and make it more rigid. It's listed as a class 4 on the draw tite website.

So i found a actual class 5 reciever but would like to verify if it would work for a 2007 avalanche. I actually found it on homedepot.com website thru a pop up i had come up looking for something else. I go to ebay to see if they have them and what vehicles are listed to fit. Ebay listing said 2006 suburban 1500/2500 and 2006 avalanche 1500/2500.

The reciever i am speaking of is a curt 15324 and is a class 5.

My question is to ms03, should this one fit just like the drawtite one that you had mentioned.

kaotikvet82 said:
So i found a actual class 5 reciever but would like to verify if it would work for a 2007 avalanche. I actually found it on homedepot.com website thru a pop up i had come up looking for something else. I go to ebay to see if they have them and what vehicles are listed to fit. Ebay listing said 2006 suburban 1500/2500 and 2006 avalanche 1500/2500.

The reciever i am speaking of is a curt 15324 and is a class 5.

My question is to ms03, should this one fit just like the drawtite one that you had mentioned.
Sounds wierd to me since the 1500 and 2500 have different frames and hitches...

R u saying that the avalanche 1500 and 2500 has different frames. R u talking wider or just different bolt pattern to mount this. The reciever that mso3 was mentioning was stating the same thing but since they dont make a class 4 or 5 specifically for a 07 or newer avalanche, people has been putting recievers from suburbans or avalanches from 06. Mso3 gave the draw tite reciever part number above and many people ive seen on here has put that hitch on there 07 or newer avalanche and only had to drill a few new holes. I believe that the curt reciever is the same way. I dont think the frames are any different from a avalanche to the suburban width wise. Maybe bolt pattern.

First I think that hitch fits 02-06 AV not 07.

A class 5 hitch is overkill for a 1500 AV they are meant for trailer over 10,000 pound which is way above the limits of a 1500. Draw tite 41930 is better because it has mounting points further down the frame and will strengthen it. When you add the weight distribution and sway controls on a hitch that hangs off the rear of the frame you are going the see the rear of the frame bend 

I bought a GM original trailer hitch for my Avalanche.
It was originally on a 2013 1500 series.
It fit my 2002 2500 series perfectly. All the 8 mounting bolt holes lined up.

CarMech1969

Ok ms03 i just happened to come across it unexpectedly so figured i would ask if it would work. Ill b buying the draw tite one soon but figured what the heck why not ask bout the curt version. Theres no way i would pull that much with my av. Heaviest it would pull would b a fishing boat and maybe a camper but other than that just light things. Class 4 is what im goin with. Thanks

I dumped that class 3 POS hitch years ago, we call them Flexible flyers.

CarMech1969 said:
I bought a GM original trailer hitch for my Avalanche.
It was originally on a 2013 1500 series.
It fit my 2002 2500 series perfectly. All the 8 mounting bolt holes lined up.

CarMech1969

I think you'll be happy with it.

kaotikvet82 said:
Ok ms03 i just happened to come across it unexpectedly so figured i would ask if it would work. Ill b buying the draw tite one soon but figured what the heck why not ask bout the curt version. Theres no way i would pull that much with my av. Heaviest it would pull would b a fishing boat and maybe a camper but other than that just light things. Class 4 is what im goin with. Thanks

[quote author=MS03 2500] I dumped that class 3 POS hitch years ago, we call them Flexible flyers.
[/quote]

"Flexible flyers"?

I'm almost afraid to ask  ???

I was going to say try it on a heavy load, but I don't want you to try it.

I used the stock one once with a 3k load you could feel it flexing when taking off from a stop. It did work OK with a motorcycle trailer

I not sure why they would put those things on a 2500  that can pull up 12,000, but I guess they had to put something on them.  They have been known to break also.

I still use the stock receiver pulling 6,000 Ibs with a WD Blue Ox. To be honest, I haven't had any concerns or worries. I use air bags too and have a little sag, but does the job so far. Should I worry with my current set-up? You say Class 4, but I can't see any issue yet. Am I pushing the limit?

The stock hitch on my 2500 was a class V and it always felt solid, but I replaced it anyway just to be safe..

Attachments

• 45013.jpg
    45013.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 40
You had a class V stock hitch Randy, my 03 came with a class 3 rubber band hitch and did not feel safe at all.

Yes, mine was a V-5 from the factory.

Attachments

• 20140614_121726.jpg
    20140614_121726.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 44
Back