• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

STI 2016 (Savannah Tybee Island GA) GTG Attendee List (CANCELED)

Hug_R_Av

PM 2017
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2004
ADDED by YGMN:
Hugz said:
Hate to say this!!!
But STI 2026 has been officially canceled.
Hotel will not be opening until Monday.
Just got off the phone with the group director.
All rooms will be canceled and refunds made where needed.

Short term. I will have something at the house if there's interest.
Long term STI maybe moving to the spring. Going to work out the logistics with the hotel next week

Hard to believe the first STI I went to was over 10 years ago..
At this GTG was the first time I heard " Thats this is about the Family friends and not just the Avalanche anymore". Those words came from a dear brother Hangman.

After several people asked about it over the last year plus I think it's time again to see how much interest there is in STI in 2016.
The weekend of October 8th is out of the question due to it being PirateFest weekend
Also out is the weekend of the 29th due to the annual Georgia Florida in Jacksonville.
I know this will be several folks out but those weekends are wicked expensive for groups.
This GTG will bring out some Members that haven't been around in a while that want to reconnect again.
So after discussions the weekend of the 15th has been picked.
I need an idea of those that are interested in attending as I'm in cost discussions with the Hotel Tybee (Formerly Ocean Plaza Beach Resort) it's been under new management for a few years (LinChris hotels).

Just to Clearify things some. This GTG will run from October 13th throughly the 17th for those that want to bookend the weekend at the beach. Yes there is a BEACH there.  :cool: :cool:

Going to attend no matter what
Hoss and Momma Jo  :love:
Hugz and Gretchen
Viper  
Raceman and Kathy
AvDavidw
WillyOrca and JohnBChef
Hangman
James21
CrazyGlue +2
Sourmash and Sweetmash +1
Lanman1 and LauraBear
Lord Aries +1
Sasquatch
BooTheRedneck and Phzae65
02 Z71 and Joyce
EricB

Still thinking about it

V. Anthony
Medico
ChevyGuyNC
Angshan
Waz
NascarDave
Shelsland +1
CorvetteJoe
LoneWolfBd

Day Trippers that will want to stay longer
Grnxnam

Wishing they could be there
TxCowGrl
Intimadatouruag
Ronthehandyman
Neal729 and Kat
enoniam

Never been down there, put me down as a highly likely.

Troublemaker said:
nope for me.  will be out of the country that week...  :(
Yeah there are several of you that are gone around then.
Maybe I will see you in August  (y) (y)

Hard to believe the first STI I went to was 10 years ago as I missed the first one.  :beating:
When it was mentioned by a dear member in my heart Hangman once said " Thats it's about the Family not only the Avalanche".

Word is slowly making its way out and based on what I am hearing. But this GTG is most definitely a go . It's just a matter of who will be the next to hit the list

Hugz said:
Hard to believe the first STI I went to was 10 years ago as I missed the first one.  :beating:
When it was mentioned by a dear member in my heart Hangman once said " Thats it's about the Family not only the Avalanche".

Word is slowly making its way out and based on what I am hearing. But this GTG is most definitely a go . It's just a matter of who will be the next to hit the list

I could not have stated anything better than that. That's one of the reasons I feel comfortable flying into GTG.

I am more than just my Avalanche

MS03 2500 said:
Never been down there, put me down as a highly likely.

Just FYI. Tybee is a really fun place. Very laid back (until several train horns are blown) and several really fun and good places to eat. Add to that the fact that you're going to be at "Savannah's beach" and you know you'll be in old Savannah in a matter of minutes with even more cool things to see and places to eat. Then on top of all that, add in the AV family. That's one heck of a weekend right there!!

If you never been to STI then this is a must trip. (This post doesn't count towards 3 post rule.)

angshan said:
How far from Fayetteville is this GTG?
Take it as Georgia?  South of Altanta?
About 4 hours down 75 to Macon the across 16 to Savannah.
There will be much more information in the coming weeks.
Could also go 4 hours or 1 more mile the other way and Hit the National GTG in Charlotte in about a month.  (y) (y)
Click the banner below

The Nationals is a week after my vacation unfortunately. But I have another vacation coming up in October. My mom lives in fayetville. Was thinking I could visit her and stop by STI for a but. Will have to ponder it.

angshan said:
The Nationals is a week after my vacation unfortunately. But I have another vacation coming up in October. My mom lives in fayetville. Was thinking I could visit her and stop by STI for a but. Will have to ponder it.
Gotcha.
Granted it's been many years since the last STI, but it will be a fun time for sure. Jair keep an eye out for more info after the Nationals are over.

The first STI I went to, I didn't even have an Av.  And no surprise, I was welcomed with open arms. 

STI is an event not to be missed.

I'm going to work on leaving a couple hours earlier so we can at least stop in Saturday on our way to FL and say Hi to old friends.

Back