• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

How are WV members doing?!

Hug_R_Av

PM 2017
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2004
Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing in WV.
Have noticed most haven't posted in days.

I'm here..

Hoping all our WV group is OK from the flooding...

???

I have seen some of the pictures 4X4dreamer posted on the internet, they don't look good.

We are doing good here in Huntington thanks, but so many parts of the state are devastated. Ian's hometown of Richwood got hit very hard. Thankfully he and his family are safe, but it will take time  and lots of work to rebuild their community.  :(

I thought that maybe they were around some of it.
Thank you for letting us know!!!!

Yeah Ian is involved with the relief efforts.

Hi guys..

Sorry I have been out of touch for so long.

My dad had open heart surgery on the 23rd, and encountered some complications.. He is still in the hospital but is doing much better now. 3 days after his surgery, my hometown was destroyed by floodwaters..

We are still piecing everything back together day by day..

I have been working 40 hours in the pharmacy, and trying to help with the flood relief in my spare time, on top of everything else I have to do. Today is the first time my laptop has been booted up since June 19th..

My home faired well, as we are on the hill overlooking downtown. We got some runoff from the mountain that flooded our basement and den... Currently in the process of getting that taken care of among everything else.

I have a lot to get caught up on, but I am confident I can get it taken care of.

I will still see everyone at nationals in a few weeks.  (y)

I have seen some of the work you done Ian, your community is lucky to have you.

I was in Blackwater Falls June 23-26 and kept seeing the news reports about flooding in WV.
We had very nice weather and only one light rainfall.
The water falls however were flowing very heavily.

GoldBowTie said:
I was in Blackwater Falls June 23-26 and kept seeing the news reports about flooding in WV.
We had very nice weather and only one light rainfall.
The water falls however were flowing very heavily.

About 2 hours south of Blackwater is where all hell was breaking loose on Thursday the 23rd..

And I was in Morgantown with mom and dad going through a time of our own.. It was definitely a rough day.. 

Gutted our den from the floor up 4 feet yesterday.

I thought we got lucky, but we ended up being full of mold..  :E:

4x4dreamer said:
Gutted our den from the floor up 4 feet yesterday.

I thought we got lucky, but we ended up being full of mold..  :E:
That's a major bummer.

Hugz said:
That's a major bummer.

Major,

Especially since anything to do with flood or runoff is excluded from our homeowners policy.. So we are on the hook for who knows how much.. Also, my dad is still in the hospital, and although he is improving, we are starting into week 4..

I am working as much as I can trying to supplement him being out of work since April 29th..

I have one weekday off from now until Nats, tomorrow... Going to try to claybar the AV and get a couple coats of wax on tomorrow before it is too late..

I am really looking forward to Nats, I need a break..

Back