• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

All dash lights out on 07

My07Av

need some help on this odd issue I have going on. I have an 07 av & for some reason all the dash light seem to go out randomly when I start it up. It turns on fine everything else works, radio, windows, engine.. I've noticed that it happens more often when it hot out, like around mid day or evening.. If I turn it off then try it again sometimes it comes back fine but most of the time not. Seems like after it warms up to normal temp if I turn it off then try again it works fine. Ive checked fuses & connections & all seems to be good, not sure what else to check. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I've looked at other posts but nothing I haven't already tried...  ???

Can you use the dimmer when this happens.

Nothing happens w the dimmer unless I turn it all the way and the dome light comes on.. Gauge needles don't move and no lights at all on dash...

Did you check both underhood fuses and left side fuse panel?

Sounds like a fuse for the cluster... It may also control the dash illumination.

Rodney

I have not heard of many 07 up clusters going bad but you may want to check the plug in the back of the cluster and make sure it's seated good.

Back