• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Rattling door lock knobs - fixed

spidey

Now I dont know if this has been a problem since I owned it, or after 4 years things start to get worn.  But I had an annoying rattle coming from the back doors when either hitting certain bumps, or when the bass is a bit higher on certain songs.

After hearing it alot on a certain song, I decided to sit in the back with the doors closed and that song turned up

Culprit was the door locks when they are in the down locked position.  It was actually rattling on both sides, but since I was close to the drivers rear, I heard that one only.

The fix was self adhesive Velcro, the fuzzy side.  Basically I removed each door lock, cut a small piece and stuck it lower.  So now there is enough friction to stop the rattle/buzz, but doesn't affect the operation up and down.  Since it was so easy I just did all 4 locks.  And the velcro is black and lower you dont even know its there.

Not sure if this has been posted on here before or not.

(y) Did this years ago. The rattling drove me nuts! I notice you have a 2012, I thought GM started adding felt around the locks in newer models?

Back