• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Adding a trans temp sensor for towing

blazzinbird

So I bought a autometer gauge and gauge pod for the a pillar. Anyways today I crawl under the truck and look for the port by the shift linkage. Problem is, the transfer case is in the way.

So I am going to put it inline from the factory cooler. I figure I need a

T fitting
2 compression fitting "I don't know the size of the ID of the tubes"
Some brass tubes"refer to the line above"

Does anyone know what size fittings I would need?

Mods if this is in the wrong section please move. M

I may be wrong but i thought all an owner had to do to get trans temp is to install a new dash gauge since the wiring and everything was done on every AV already? (many threads on owners just adding the gauge or a new cluster to get that function.)

Vaeagleav said:
I may be wrong but i thought all an owner had to do to get trans temp is to install a new dash gauge since the wiring and everything was done on every AV already? (many threads on owners just adding the gauge or a new cluster to get that function.)

It's true you can, however I already had the stuff from a previous build/project. Why spend more than you have too.

I was looking at the ease of install and the time involved as a factor. I have not done this mod but have read that all you have to do is swap your gauge cluster for one from another GM vehicle that has the gauge installed already (May have to have the seller program in your mileage or engine hours) but it is a very quick swap out and only involves about 4 screws and one plug.
Just though you could sell what you have in parts and your old gauge cluster to help pay for your mod.
Don't know about your part of the country right now but in my area the heat index is over 100 degrees and the thought of spending hours on the ground wrenching is not an appealing thought
Good luck with your mod.......

Should be 3/8, measure the OD to be sure...

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dak-sen-04-11/overview/

Randy said:
Should be 3/8, measure the OD to be sure...

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dak-sen-04-11/overview/

Thanks I'm thinking about just cutting the metal pipe coming from the radiator cooler, and use the t fitting with compression fittings.

That's what that is.. A T-fitting with compression fittings.. Or do you mean you already have them?

Back