• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Made it home safe from Nationals

Not home yet, but made it to my stop for the night up in southern VA.

Home safe. Had a tire go down, about 100 miles from home running rte.26 through the mountains in PA to avoid traffic on 81. Luckily it was just an aluminum roofing nail in between tread blocks. Pulled it out, plugged it and 2 mins w/ the 12V compressor and I was good to. Checked it when I got here and it's still holding 42lbs., so all seems well.Would have been nice if it wasn't 93 degrees and the road had a bigger shoulder but at least I didn't run out of fuel.  :E: 

WTG Calicak89 never leave home without tools.

Glad to see all have made it home or close safely    (y)

Made it home safely around 7:30 this evening!

Stayed an extra day, and Ashley and I shopped for HOURS on Sunday gathering toys to take to the hospital!  (y)

Dropped them all off this afternoon and headed home.

We had to stop by Parks Chevrolet near Mooresville on the way home, because the trans temp was a little on the high side, and it felt like 1st was slipping from a dead stop... I have never seen it over 170 since we owned it, and it was over 200 degrees and not going down even moving steadily up the interstate..

The cooler grate wasn't covered up, or anything else out of the ordinary. It did finally go down to about 174 after it rained a bit when we hit the VA state line.

The tech was happy to check it, scanned it, and got no codes or anything out of the ordinary.

Turned over 32k on the way down, so we are still well within the Powertrain warranty.. He said to keep an eye on it, so if it does decide to pack up, at least it has already been checked over by a tech..

Me and the wife made it home safe and sound Sunday night a little after midnight  (y)

Boy James you sure took the long way home.

Stopped in Charlottesville, VA on Monday, ended up staying till Friday.

Hey all !  First time on computer since getting back. Got home safe and sound on Monday somewhere around 8pm. Stayed the night on Sunday at my nephews house in Fayetteville, NC. then headed straight up 95  sometime around 5am. My daughter and her bf were on the ferry back to the Vineyard at 6am on Tues.

OFF TOPIC:
Hey 0251, check this thread out 
    http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,150266.0.html

james21 said:
Stopped in Charlottesville, VA on Monday, ended up staying till Friday.

Wait till you see when I get home from STI. LOL

Back