• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2012 bed liner falling apart, is it just me?

mjrowley

The dang thing is falling apart!

Dealer wants $350 for a replacement.

What have you guys done/ used to replace it?

Thx!

My 2002 is like the day i got the truck Do you keep the bed covers on all the time ???

Never heard of the inside of the bed falling apart. It will show some wear. Some members with heavy usage have replaced the separate bed floor mat but it is part of the "water management system" so be careful of replacing that mat with an aftermarket mat. Some have also applied a bedliner such as Line-X but be careful not to plug the bed drains. Others install a Bedslide cargo device to cut down on wear and make it easier to get things out of the bed as well as preventing damage to bed mat,floor or tailgate.
You could also consider getting a BedRug carpet style cargo liner to dress up the bed area and protect it from damage and also quiet down noise from echoing and cargo banging around.

Got pics?

Never heard of this for 14 years on here.

Same here 13 years and still holding up and I have spilled some pretty nasty stuff on it. I have also drilled holes in it and nothing happened.

cissysdad said:
My 2002 is like the day i got the truck Do you keep the bed covers on all the time ???

Yes.

My 2005 avalanche bed liner was tough as nails.  this thing you can tear like a sheet of paper.

My EXT's bed mat was missing when I bought the truck.

I found that no one makes an aftermarket mat specifically for our trucks.

Probably because they all came with one.

I bought a new bed mat for a full-sized step side bed Chevy pick up.

It fits nicely from side to side and I just cut off about a foot or so from one end.

Seems like I gave around $80 or so brand new.

This is the best pic I have that shows my mat.

This joker is heavy duty and tough as hell.

Back