• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Towing vs Hauling

thoskins

Hello All,

I am very new to this site, so bare with me if I am posting this in the wrong section. I drive a 2005 Z71 4x4 avalanche with a 6" BDS suspension lift and 35" Nitto trail grapplers. The tires are getting to the point where replacement will be necessary very soon, maybe a couple thousand miles left in them. I am making a long trip from Groveland, CA (about 2.5 hours east of the bay near yosemite) to Denver, CO here in about 5 days and I have a large amount of weight room equipment to bring along with me. The trip is around 1,000 miles and includes quite a bit of mountains as I get closer to Colorado. My question is, with the cargo I will be carrying along with myself, I'm looking at around 1,000 lbs of load. The recommended load rating on my ave is right around 1,100 lbs, so my load would be pushing the max load rating. Would it be easier on the suspension, tires, truck in general, if I load it all into the truck or if I load most of it in a trailer and tow it back to Denver?

Thank you all in advance, looking forward to your responses.

Tom

Forgot to add, I did regear from 3.42s to 4.10s, so the power usually isn't too much of a problem.

:welcome: to the club thoskins

It will be easier on the AV if you get a trailer and tow it.

Back