• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Park assist reset

tazman1

Hey All,

I was getting the service park assist message on the dic. I went ahead and put 4 new sensors in the bumper and am still getting the same message. Is there a way to reset that thing or is there something else I should check. I took it to the local auto store and had it read but no messages came up on the computer.

Thanks!

I don't see how you can reset it, but the module in under the passenger seat (item 3)

Attachments

• rear object module.png
    rear object module.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 103
Ahh I was unplugging the one under the drivers seat. I'll try that one and see if it helps at all.

You need to find a code reader that can read and clear body codes. What codes did you have? What codes do you have now?

ItsStopher said:
You need to find a code reader that can read and clear body codes. What codes did you have? What codes do you have now?

I should be posting a way to read and reset the codes of ANY module in the next couple days hopefully. I have the information but haven't had the time when I remembered to post it.

Requires the ScanXL software that gives you a terminal.

I was able to pull the air bag module codes with this information which no part store readers will do.

I have someone bugging me to remind me but it might be next week. I will try to write it up this weekend so I can just cut and paste it. But as I said it requires that you have access to a terminal screen.

Rodney

That would be awesome.

I don't know what the codes are yet. That is what I want to find out. The dealer wants $110 just to hook it up and diagnose the codes  :rolleyes:  I took it to the local auto store but their reader wasn't showing any codes. They said normally it won't read things like that.

Any update on this? I have the exact same problem. I only get the msg when I put it into drive. Dismisses itself when back into park. Park assist itelf works fine as soon as I swapped the sensors. Thanks

Back