Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Emergency Foster Care  (Read 1511 times)

james21

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • What Do You Do With Your AV
Emergency Foster Care
« on: 08/01/16 07:30 PM »

I know YGMN will probably move this, but I will try.

I have a friend that has a 3 yrs old Male German Shepherd, that needs Urgent Foster Care, like in the next 48 hours. If no one takes him, he will be put down. My friend can only care for the dog for short periods of time, and really needs someone to step up and save a wonderful dog. I have offered to help, but am in the same boat as her. So I thought I would reach out to my AV family, and see if anyone can give this wonderful dog a second chance.
Avalanche 1500 BLK NFE w/ 4.56, locking Diff & 18inch wheels. MODS: Amber DRLs; Sunroof, Confer Rack; Volant Intake; MSD; NGK Iridiums; Magnaflow SS; PIAA low beams; HID Highs; Mercury Xenon 885 fogs; SOR front, WAAG rear; SS Bug Shield; Predator Dash & Grille lights, Whelen Strobes & TIR3s.
Newest Mod: 2nd Black Stealth Bumper; PC Xterrain; RCD 6", Rigid LED Bars front & rear; Dual Shocks.

Next Mods: LA Patented AV Snorkel
Never-to-Be Mods: Duramax/Allison; SOR Rear.

She's All Modded out.

EXT4ME

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...
Re: Emergency Foster Care
« Reply #1 on: 08/02/16 04:22 AM »

Sorry to hear this.

:(

I do not understand, however, why the dog would have to be put down just because an owner was unable to maintain constant care.

There are many animal rescue sites in our area that would be happy to take the dog until a forever home could be found.

We rescued a dog a couple of weeks ago and while we were there filling out the paperwork, a family brought in a dog that proved to be just too much for them to handle.

The shelter took the animal, no questions asked.

If an individual can not be found quickly, I am sure the dog will have a decent chance for a forever home if you can just get it to a shelter.

Wish I was close by, I would consider seeing what I could do.

I hope for everyone's sake, this works out.
Please consider helping to keep our Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America alive! Become a Supporting Member Today! Without ongoing member support, our forum may have trouble surviving. The annual cost of a membership is very small compared to the wealth of knowledge this site provides. Let's do what we can to not lose it. THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!

james21

• What Do You Do With Your AV
« Reply #2 on: 08/14/16 04:52 PM »

Update

Thank fully a couple from Vermont that trains large breeds and has a lot of experience with German Shepherds, heard about the situation and agreed to adopt the dog. He will definitely be happy, he's going to a home with 3 other Germans.
Avalanche 1500 BLK NFE w/ 4.56, locking Diff & 18inch wheels. MODS: Amber DRLs; Sunroof, Confer Rack; Volant Intake; MSD; NGK Iridiums; Magnaflow SS; PIAA low beams; HID Highs; Mercury Xenon 885 fogs; SOR front, WAAG rear; SS Bug Shield; Predator Dash & Grille lights, Whelen Strobes & TIR3s.
Newest Mod: 2nd Black Stealth Bumper; PC Xterrain; RCD 6", Rigid LED Bars front & rear; Dual Shocks.

Next Mods: LA Patented AV Snorkel
Never-to-Be Mods: Duramax/Allison; SOR Rear.

She's All Modded out.

4x4dreamer

• Have you checked your local GTG thread?
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: 08/14/16 08:49 PM »

So awesome to hear James!  :thumbsup:

I am contemplating taking in another dog myself.. That is, if the owner will give him up. I offered to give him a forever home, but just waiting now to see if it happens.
2013 Black Diamond LTZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 24 queries.