• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Automatic Headlights

Dave22

I have had my 07 for just over a year now and one of the "features" is really making me wonder if it can be reprogrammed.

My Avi was originally manufactured for sale in Canada. As such it was programmed so that when it is dark outside and the vehicle is in gear the headlights are on. They cannot be turned off until you are out of gear or shutdown. This is very annoying as where I live I need to take a ferry into town and the handlers are always asking to have then off when boarding.

From the operational description in the manual, they can be turned off in the american version of the avi.

Could this be changed by a "simple" programming change in the BCM or whatever the correct module would be?

If so who could do it and any ideas of the cost?

Yes it is possible to get the BCM programmed for the US, I would say that it will take less than a hour so the dealer usually are charging 80-100 buck a hour.

Back