• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Where can I find that little sliding cover on the rear view mirror that covers

brownprider07

The cable ? When removing my headliner. I missed one thing. ONE. That little black piece that hides the cable for the rear view mirror. It snapped and now I need a new one. Anybody got a part number ?  :help:

P.s totally different question. But the headliner had the wires on top glued. What would be good to lay down to hold them back in place ? I don't think I'll need the glue but I love keeping things where they were and how they were.

Super glue if you still have both pieces, oherwise, junkyard, pretty much any Silvy, Tahoe or Burb should work, hot glue gun for the other.

Didit

Perhaps a quick stroll through the nearest salvage yard would reveal a replacement for the cover piece.

Maybe a piece of Gorilla Tape could hold your headliner wires OK.

Thank you guys. I will do all of that. I've got another question. This was my first time ever doing a headliner and with that I did make a few mistakes on laying the fabric and cutting. My bigges concern over the driver side "hump" or "dip". The fabric didn't lay right. Think of a bowl and you lay Saran Wrap or something over it. I think I didn't press in the fabric into the "dip" before I pressed down the rest of the fabric and now it's like just a space underneath. I mean it doesn't look bad the only thing I'm worried about is , will this be a weak point and bring the rest of the fabric down quick

yes it will, unless affixed to the "headliner board" it will be a constant strain on the surrounding area that is glued around it, wind, vibration etc,  it will eventually get bigger and bigger, see if you can work from the edge and spray some headliner adhesive into the void and press it up and work it out.

Didit

Back