• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

rapid cycling of pass front door lock solenoid?

mikes383

SM 2017
Started happening not too long ago, only on pass front door. When locking or unlocking, the solenoid clicks rapidly for a second or two. Im assuming a bad solenoid but wanted to ask here first because I havent been able to "search" and find anything on this problem on the net or even in this forum. It locks and unlocks fine, just over clicks the solenoid rapidly. Anyone have this problem too? 

Check for frayed wiring in the door...

If you can test the voltage on the lock solenoid you can check it if is actally the wiring or the solenoid doing it.

My '03 the whole mechanism is one piece. While you can replace portions of it the whole unit might be easier to replace. By whole unit I mean the lock solenoid and lock mechanism is all one piece with the door open sensor and latch.  I lubricated the heck out of mine when it stuck and it has worked for 2 years since. You could try that..

Used a good lithium lightweight oil on mine. Do NOT use WD40. Wd40 may make it work better initially but will make it worse once it dries and collects dirt.

Rodney

Back